Chapter 20

It was quite clear from what the Immortal Queen revealed during the royal wedding ceremony that many of the ministers and even some of the royal elders were more than steadfast to bring the matter of opening the royal harem up again when the royal court resumes in two weeks time. There were many who, through pressing the matter, would like a closer relation with the Imperial Palace and the Celestial Kingdom in that way their statuses and standings within the court could expand.

The King of the Wen kingdom already had his plans planned out. He deliberately did not take his niece to the wedding ceremony because he planned on presenting her to the newly crowned Emperor in front of the whole Imperial family, the royal elders and the ministers of the royal court. His motive is for entirely different reasons. He will push the new Emperor's hand because his plans and goals are far greater. He wanted power and complete domination. If the Emperor refuses to take his niece, that would be a direct insult to him as a king and his people.

So he had instructed his servants to dress his niece Wen Xin Yan in the finest and most expensive robes. Wen Xin Yan was a beauty with big brown eyes and bronze tan skin. She had long dark hair and full plump rosy lips, and she had a beautiful slim figure. She was one of the most sought-after omegas in the Wen kingdom. Well, he definitely did not see the soon to be Empress the mother of the nation. If he did, his niece most definitely does not hold a candle to that beauty.

The Queen was having a lazy morning in her personal garden outside her residence that she occupied with her personal royal servants and royal guards. Opposite her sat the first prince his uncle. Huaisang and his brother Minister Nie. Maiden Jiang and her brother, young master Jiang, were also present. They were all having tea and made small talk. Huaisang, for his part, was quiet most of the time, and after a while, his brother nudges him, and when he looked at him, Mingjue raised a questioning eyebrow at him.

Huaisang sighs softly, and that brings everyone's attention towards him.

"Huaisang?."

The first prince asked when he heard him sigh. Usually, he only sighs like that when something heavy weights on his mind, and it seems that he indeed has something on his mind as Huaisang gave him a pensive but serious look.

"Huaisang, what is it?. Did something happen?. "

The Imperial Uncle Lan Qiren asked him with a small crease of worry between his brows. Huaisang sighs again as he looks at the people around the table before he speaks.

"I have received some disturbing news from someone I value very much and who have been helping me in identifying some of the people who might cause some trouble during this auspicious time for the crown prince and his mate."

He started slowly, and his words got the attention of everyone in an instant.

"What is it, young master Nie?."

The Queen asked as she looked at the young man. Young lady Jiang and her brother stiffens minutely, wondering who wants to bring harm to their brother and mate. Both frown.

"The Wen King plan on presenting his niece to the crown prince as a Concubine."

Soft gasps of suprise and shock went around the table, and it also brought frowns of distaste to everyone's faces, and it shows on their faces.

"What had become of this world that no one is willing or even have the ability to respect the crown prince decision in not taken in concubines or open the Royal Harem. I am appalled at such audacity, but what do I expect from a person like Wen Rouhan."

The Queen out through gritted teeth, and the others agree with her.

"What will he gain by doing that like the Queen said? The crown prince already made his decision."