Chapter 18

When the Queen entered her chambers she told her staff not to disturb her unless it was something important. They all bowed their heads in understanding. After she made her way towards her bedchambets and as soon as she stepped inside she closed the door softly behind her and slide down the door. There was a somber atmosphere and in their eyes as the servants, eunuch and the royal guards watched their Queen close her bedroom door behind her. They listen to the soft cries coming from behind the door. They stood silently for a another few minutes before returning to what they were doing.

Inside the bedroom the Queen sat with her knees pulled up to her chest as she cried for the her daughter, her son in law which she never got to meet and her grandson who had suffered so much at the hands of the two people who were supposed to protect him and love him. Keep him safe and sound but all they did was use him and abandoned him the first chance they got. A sorrowful shudder went through her body as she remembered what the Imperial Physician told her about the condition of her grandsons health and body.

Anger rose within her as remembered the others woman's words and how she had described the condition of his back. But the even then the tears did not stop falling from her eyes. The pain she felt deep within her heart and soul did not cease or go away. The guilt and self blame did not go away either. No matter what she should've looked harder. She never should have stopped looking for her grandson maybe if she didn't he never would've suffered this much.

But there is nothing she could do about it now. She can't go back and do it all over. If she could she would've saved her daughter and her mate and son. They would be happy with a happy life right now. She would keep true to her promise not to spill blood before her grandsons wedding but nothing will prevent her from doing so after. Nothing and no one will stop her from bringing justice for her family. She cried and let the tears flow. She did not know how long she was sitting in the same position but the tears eventually stopped and she eventually stood up. Her body and mind weighing heavily as she made her way over to her bed.

She undress herself leaving on only her inner robes before she took of her crown and the hair pins out of her hair letting it fall loosely behind her. She placed them carefully on the side table by the bed before climbing on top of the bed. Sitting in a lotus position. Taking in deep breaths to steady herself and close her eyes. She started to meditate. As the day turned into night she did not move instead she meditate throughout the night. Centering herself and calm herself not for her sake but for that of her grandson.

The crown prince and Wei Ying were forbidden to see each other before their union which were really hard on the two. But solace could always be found so unexpectedly and in so many ways. These two found theirs in sending each other items that were drenched in their respective scents along with little notes of how much they missed each other and can't wait to see each other. Which of course made Wei Ying all giddy and happy making his sister smile and laugh and his brother on the verge on throwing up.

The first prince would always take in the small happy smile that would appear on his brothers face as soon as he received something from his beloved and uncle Qiren at this point is praying for the blessed day of the union to come faster. Because really these two are just ridiculous right now. The crown prince also make sure to send his beloved gifts in the form of silver and gold hair pins. A necklace with a beautiful red ruby in the center soft silk robes in white with soft flowing blue clouds. Red and black robes all made out of the finest and softest silk.

Making Wei Ying squeal in excitement and absolute adoration at his beloved thoughtfulness and love. He and lady Jiang would unwrapped each present with the utmost care and once their eyes would land on a present they would jumped excitedly holding each other's hand and Young master Jiang had about enough of this.