Chapter 3

The crown prince Lan Wanji was sitting in his private garden. While his personal bodyguards were standing to the side. Not close enough, but also not too far if any danger should befall the crown prince they will be ready to attack. The scrolls he brought with him were laying on the table before him, but his mind was far from doing any work. The bunnies he kept here were playing on the grass, and so often they would nibble on it. He watch them as his mind wonders what is expected of him and what he should do. How he should carry himself as the future Emperor and Crown Prince. There are so many expectations that he wishes his brother were the ones to carry it. Unfortunately, his brother was born a beta, and he is an alpha.

Now, he has to carry the heavy burden of governing a nation and its people.  It is expected of him to find a mate who will eventually be his Empress. He must make sure that the kingdom has worthy heirs. He never wanted this. But he always knew that one day, all that responsibility would fall upon his shoulders. At least he got his uncle and brother to help him. He believe that they will continue to help him even after he be crown emperor. Even now, it is expected of him to attend court so he knows what is going on and how to handle matters of the court. He can say without a doubt that there are many ministers that he doesn't like. There are too many fake smiles and ass kissers.

What does he think of the omegas that had been sent?".Well, he really can't say. He is not particularly happy about having to spend time with them. How is he supposed to choose a partner. A mate. He himself does not know what he is looking for in a mate. He sighs softly and stands up from where he is sitting and makes his over to the patch of grass before he sits down gracefully. He took small carrots out of his sleeve and held it out towards the bunnies. Who by now had started to hop over to him. He patiently fed them and then picked up one and stroke it gently.

Footsteps behind him made him look .

"Brother."

He said as Lan Xichen walked over with a soft smile on his face and sat next to his brother but not too close. Not wanting to invade his brothers personal space.

"Wanji. How are you doing?".

He asked as he himself picked up one of the bunnies and stroked it gently.

"I am fine, brother. When am I supposed to start meeting the omegas?".

Lan Wanji asked, looking at his brother. Xichen smiles and says,

"Preferably as soon as possible, Wanji. You know that in three months you will be sworn in as the next Emperor and it will also be when you get married. "

Lan Xichen answers patiently as he hears his brother sigh next to him.

"And the harem? You and my uncle know that I am against it. I do not want a harem full of omegas, brother. Father did not have one, and I  don't want one either. "

Lan Wanji said, looking off in the distance before he turned his head towards his brother and looked at him. Lan Xichen was the one now who sighed.

"Wanji, you know I would do anything for you. If you do not want a harem, then I would do anything in my power to see that you don't. But you heard the elders. They will not be too pleased about it. "

He told his brother, and Lan Wanji nodded his head and pulled his lips into a frown.

"Brother, what do you think of the omegas that had been sent here?".

He asked instead. Lan Xichen was the one now with a far away look in his eyes. A small smile grazes his lips as he speaks when he remembers a certain omega.

"Well, I think we can expect some trouble as expected with omegas who will be doing their best to impress you in choosing them. I already had to punish three for breaking the rules. But I think there is one that you will definitely like. I will not say their name, of course. I would like for you to decide and choose for yourself. "