Chapter 5

Two weeks had passed, and instead of sending the omegas to the Imperial Physician, the First Prince and his uncle decided that it would be best to just send them home with some compensation, of course. Second, they needed more information on omega Wei Wuxian. Not because they don't trust the omega only because they needed to know his background and history. That's why the first prince had asked the only person who will be able to get such information in record time.

Now, they are currently sitting in the First Prince's drinking tea. The person he asked to get him this information is currently looking at him with a small crease between his brows. For Huaisang to look concerned, it must be something troubling, and that's why it's only him, his uncle, and Huaisang. He did not want his brother here just in case the news was not good. Huaisang tapped his fan lightly on the table before he put it down.

"First, this was not easy getting this information First Prince."

He said with a slight bow, and the first prince nodded his head and asked him to continue.

"Before I start. I heard from a little birdie that the Crown Prince had already met the omega."

The First Prince sighs and once nods his head. He will not even ask A-Sang where and from whom he heard it because it will be fruitless. Lan Qiren looked at the young beta in front of them and just shook his head. He does not even want to venture how he got that information.

"I see.  Well, omega Wei lost his parents when he was four. He lived on the streets until Minister Jiang found him and took him to his home. His wife was not too pleased with this, and she took it out on the little boy."

"When you say she took it out on the young boy. What exactly do you mean A-Sang?".

The first prince asked with concern in his voice. Huaisang looked between the two with a bit of sadness in his eyes before he answered.

"She would let him go without food for extended periods. But they had two children. A girl who's named Jiang Yanli and a boy named Jiang Cheng. They would sneak in food for him. She would slap the boy around. She had one time turned his arm so hard behind his back that it broke."

The first prince looked at his uncle, who was just as shocked as him.

"Minister Jiang did nothing to stop this. In fact, he turned a blind eye to it all. Well, this next part is a bit concerning."

He stopped, and Lan Qiren asked him.

"Why? Is it something bad. Is the omega in bad health?"

"Not exactly it depends on how you look at it. When he presented, he was told that his scent stinks and that he should hide it. He did as told, and he truly believed it. Madame Yu told him that, and then she went as far as to give him herbs to suppress his heats. He has not had a heat in six years. When the edict was sent. She immediately took the change and sent him here. Her words to him when he departed was. If you do not get chosen, just know here is no place for you. Don't think of coming back here."

A soft, shocked gasps followed his words. The first prince had no words to speak. His heart is hurting for the young omega, and he knows his brother will not be pleased if he should tell him. Lan Qiren looked down at the table before him, trying to compose himself and suppress the anger, which was coiling inside him.

"Why would Minister Jiang allow this? If he knew the boy would be subjected to such treatment, why not give him to someone else who would love and care for him."

The first prince asked, distraught, and Huaisang just shook his head.

"Minister Jiang apparently knew his parents. Their names were Cangse Sanren and Wei Changze. His father worked as a personal guard for Minister Jiang, but I couldn't find anything on his mother. That in itself is a mystery. "