Chapter 9

Early the next morning, even before the first sun rays. The Queen and her retina left the Celestial Kingdom. The Queen and her eunuch rode in the second carriage as the first were filled with the everything they were taking with them. The royal guards were all on horseback. Around fifty of them. The servants made up the last carriage. Their trek down the mountain and small towns were slow.  The Queen ordered that they would only rest when needed and also so the horses could have some rest.

Sitting with her head rested on the back rest, and her eyes closed. Before they left, the Queen had requested her eunuch to draft a letter informing the Imperial family of the Queens' arrival and also to ask permission to enter the Imperial City officially. The letter once finished was stamped and sealed with the official stamp of the Celestial Kingdom. The Queen had sent forth her most trusted royal guards. Xiao Xingchen and Song Lan to deliver the message. The Queens' entourage were at least another four days of traveling, away from arriving at the gates of the Imperial City, so her royal guards should have arrived at the or will arrived in the next day at the Imperial City and Palace.

The royal invitations had been sent to all the gentry and small important families. Excitement could be felt throughout the halls of the Imperial Palace and City. Their crown prince and soon to be emperor had found his mate and soon to be Empress. The common folks told stories to their children and any traveler who traveled through selling their wards about the rare beauty of their future Empress. Of how the crown prince upon laying his eyes upon this rare fell in love instantly. Blessings and praises were sang about a love and union that were set forth by the gods themselves. But it was not all made-up stories because even though gossip were forbidden within the halls of the Imperial Palace, the servants still would whisper into the ears of their family and friends of how in love the two were.

Children hang on every word. Young men and women could only hope to find their mate and that they would love them just the same. The Crown Prince and his concubine knew nothing of these tales, of course, as they spent most of their time with each other or otherwise concubine Wei would attend his classes and in between being fitted for his wedding attire as well as the crown prince. It's during one of their usual afternoon tea in the Imperial Garden that the crown prince notices that his omega had been unusually quiet and withdrawn. A small frown between his brown and worry etched on his face, he softly spoke. His uncle, as usual, is sitting two tables away. Their official chaperone.

"Wei Ying is something bothering you?."

Wei Wuxian did not answer immediately, though. He bit his inner cheek nervously as he let his eyes drop to his lap. He played nervously with his fingers. The crown Princes frown deepens as he looks at his mate. He wondered what could have brought this sudden change on. Something wafted past his nose, a scent he hadn't smelled before. It is faint but it's there. It's so faint that he can't make it out completely, but if he is not mistaken, it must come from his mate. He never let his scent out before what could have happened for him to do so now.

"Wei Ying, please tell me what the matter is?"

The crown prince asked with concern and worry in his voice, but Wei Wuxian refused to look at him. Master Lan looked over when his nephews voice drifted over, and he picked up on the worry in his voice. He looked up from the paperwork he was currently overseeing. He turns his head slightly, looking at the young man who, by the looks of it, is having something on his mind and struggling on how to phrase his worry.

"Wei Ying.?"

The crown prince said as he stood up and made his around the table and gracefully sat down next to the omega, placing his hand softly on the omegas but he did it so not to startled the omega. He is not supposed to do it. It goes against proprietary and all his teachings, but his omega is sad, and he will break every Palace rule to see that smile on his omegas face. He discreetly let out his calming pheromones. The scent of sandalwood wafted under Wei Wuxian's nose and unconsciously inhaled it, and he slowly started to feel himself relax. He lifted his eyes up and looked into the crown Princes eyes, and in those eyes, tears were swimming.