Chapter 17

The next morning, Wei Ying was waiting for his grandmother in his personal garden. Young lady Jiang and her brother decided to stay in their rooms to give the Queen and her grandson time to get to know each other and spent some time together alone. The crown prince was in his palace busy with going through some court transcripts and correspondence. In his own way, giving the two newly found family members time to connect and get to know each other.

Nervous and exited energy wafted off Wei Ying, where he was seated at the table in the garden. The table before spread with different kinds of cakes and sweets. Two pots of tea were being kept warmed by warming talismans. He could hear hurried footsteps approaching and stood up quickly. Almost to quick that he almost fell forward but caught himself in time before smoothing out his robes while biting his lower lip nervously, his eyes locked on the door where the Queen would be walking through in mere seconds.

The moment the Queen and her personal guards stepped through the opening of the door. Wei Ying, the servants and guards immediately kneel and bow in greeting.

"This humble servants greets the Immortal Queen. May the Immortal live a long and prosperous life."

They all said in unison as the Queen walked into the garden.

"Thank you. You may all rise."

The Queen said, and they all rise but kept their heads low and their eyes downcast. She came to stop before her grandson and lifted his head. A soft endearing smile on her face and in her eyes as she looked at him and Wei Ying gave a big bright smile back.

"Wuxian, my son, how are you?."

She asked softly before she let go of his face, and Wei Ying waved her over to sit down, which she did. Looking and taking each other's face in as they sit opposite each other Wei Ying.

"I am fine, thank you for asking, grandmother. How are you doing?. Did you sleep well?."

He asked in turn as the servants poured them tea and silently moved back to their places when they were finished.

"I am also fine, Wuxian. I slept well. Thank you. "

The Queen answered him with a small nod of the head before silence fell between the two, and they both picked up their tea cups and sipped slowly.

"Wuxian?."

She spoke after they both put their tea cups down, and Wei Wuxian lifted his eyes to meet his grandmother's a questioning look on his face.

"I have a request."

She said a little uncertain as her she averted her eyes from him for a second before laying it back on him with a serious look on it.

"What is it, grandmother?"

He asked with a serious tone and a little curious. She cleared her throat lightly before she spoke again.

"This old woman had been thinking but I want to also make it very clear that the final decision still lays with you and I would never force you to do anything that you are not ready for or want."

She spoke with certainty and Wei Ying's face to on a more curious tone.

"Grandmother, what is it?. I do not understand what you are talking about."

Wei Ying stated with a small worried frown on his face as he looked at his grandmother who had a serious look on her face but be could also see that she was a little nervous as well and it confuses him as to why.

"Wuxian, I would love to announce you as the next heir to the crown of the Celestial Kingdom and also crown prince."

She said with a soft tone, and Wei Ying looked at her in disbelief, not knowing what to say or think about what his grandmother had just said.