Chapter 15 (Backstory 1)

Amiel And Ayesha's back story

"Ayesha... Please take care of your younger brother.." the late Duchess said with a weak voice. "Mom!" The lady Ayesha said while countless tears were flowing into her eyes. "My lady... The Duchess needs to be alone now..." The maid said "NO! I know what you're trying to do! You don't want me to see her exhale her one final breath!" Ayesha yelled "Young lady please-"

"No! I will stay here until my mother loss her air! As a daughter it's my responsibility to be with her!" Ayesha hollered. "My lady..." The maid said softly plead "And as your young duchess I command you to let me!" Ayesha once again yelled angrily.

"Sis...ter...?" There enter the young Duke Amiel who was just 7 years old. "Amiel..." Ayesha said looking at her innocent little brother's face she couldn't help but shatter. "Take him away..." Ayesha said sniffing and wiping her tears as she don't want her brother to see her like that "why... Sister?" Amiel said innocently.

"Amiel please go..." Ayesha said while her voice cracks. The maid took Amiel away. "Ayesha...My daughter...this is one last good bye. I'm sorry" those were the duchess'es final words before she breathed her last.

the elder sibling always is the one groomed from a young age to inherit the responsibilities of ruling their family's estate. Ayesha's days were filled with rigorous lessons in diplomacy, economics, and warfare. Under the watchful eye of their strict father,

Ayesha, was taught to be stoic, disciplined, and unyielding. His upbringing molded him into a proud and arrogant young woman, who believed that power and authority were the only measures of worth.

Because of pressure. She forgot about her mother's one last wish to take care of Amiel, instead... She neglected and ignored him.

Due to that Amiel grew up with the freedom to explore the castle grounds and befriend the servants. He danced through life with laughter in his heart and mischief in his eyes. His carefree spirit was a source of frustration for his sister, who saw him a lack of ambition and discipline as a disgrace to their family name.

"Sister! Look at-"

"Amiel... I'm busy. Go play with the servants." Ayesha said arrogantly not even looking at her brother. "But-" Amiel's words were cut as his sister look at him heartlessly

Their relationship wasn't always sunshine and rainbows, though. Ayesha often looked down at Amiel for being too carefree, Amiel still tried his best to make his sister enjoy her life

Amiel always come to his sister's office to greet her good morning or to convince her to play or spent some time outside. Though her response is always the same "I'm busy Amiel."

Amiel never gave up. Amiel had always wanted to gain both his father and sister's love. He spent nights alone to make them drawings , letters, wrap them gifts thought he knew they would never accept it... He still wishes for them to shower him love one day.

Ayesha's:

"sis... ter" there he goes again. So annoying even if I already pushed him away countless times he still finds away to look at me and smile "I'm busy Amiel." I said as it was always my response "When are you free" he answered. "What?" I asked... It was the first time for him to say something as I say those phrases.

"Sister... I wanted your affection just like before... Is it that you blame me for mommy's death? I wanted to-" before he could finish his sentence he stumbled on the ground "AMIEL!" I yelled as I ran towards him. Huh... He's running a temperature... He has a fever but he still came here....? "Ayesha please take care of your younger brother" Mom... "Amiel! Maids!"

.....

"He just had a simple fever nothing urgent... But he shouldn't be walking like that at this temperature." I gripped on my dress... I know it was my fault... "sis...- ter"

"Amiel..." I ran towards his bed and saw him shedding a tear "my head throbs." He said his innocent look shattered me into pieces... "I'm sorry." I said as tears flowed down my face.

"Will sister play with me again...?" He asked with a cracking voice. "Yes I will" I said as I fondled his hair.

From this day... I don't know which one it is. I know oath to not break my promise to my mother.

"Amiel." I said as I looked at him zoning out at the carriage "do you mind explaining what happened?" I asked

"Didn't the prince already told you?" He said "yes...? But I want to hear your side of story"

"Sisterrr!" He groaned as I giggled

To be continued