chapter 9

:Come on your majesty you can do it!

I was already in shape to walk, but I still don't have plan to talk anytime soon.

Having an early etiquette classes is really torturing. And come to think of it. I haven't heard about Arleiya and Esteria's conflict. I have no intention of intruding on their seclusion but... I don't hate my old nation as much as Aaron do.

And except for that. I had notice Aaron's health isn't well. He's gotten alot more slimmer and pale.

Since my birthday had just passed a month ago.

The whole family including my grandparents from both sides is having a dinner together. Ofcourse I have to come. Though it is much of a burden.

I somehow overheard someone at the kitchen. It is somé maids in my guess.

:hurry up!

:I'm trying!

How dumb for them to whisper to eachother when their voices echo to the hallways.I wonder what they're doing. I snuck an eye just to find them preparing the dinner foods.

I Guess it was nothing interesting.

An hour before dinner starts. I'm currently in the same room with Ara and Haru. It's surprising that they're incredibly quiet and well mannered today, it's making the atmosphere so awkward.

The door slowly opens with both the empress and emperor. I'm guessing they all had arrived.The empress tried to lift me up but I declined her hands.

Aria: Dyrus what-..

I stood up and tried to walk. Though I can't walk straight. Heh.

Ara held my hand to guide me.

:You can do it

She said before smiling at me...

And I managed to.
I reached the garden and saw their proud expressions including my parents.

...

All I could do is sit and watch them talking.

Who knew that a daunting emperor could talk so awkwardly dumb Infront of his wife's parents. They also talk about vulgar things that they thought none of us understand it's really loathsome and disgusting.

Hm? That drink... Is that Chamomile Floral Tea? I want it.,

I patted my father's thigh and pointed at his drink.

"You want it?, but this drink is too strong." He concernly said.

"A little rough drink for a kid is not that bad"

"Sure I guess" He unconvincingly agree

It's been a while since I had this tea.

I took a huge sip

It taste the same, sweet and subtly fragrant.

But something doesn't feel right... It feels... My throat. Is burning...

/*Cough, Cough

What's...- Blood-..?

I looked at my hands while blood keeps dripping out of my mouth.

"Dyrus!?" Ara screamed which made everyone look at my direction.

I can't breath properly. The drink... Was supposed to be the emperor's right? Wait...

"hurry up"

Those damned maids ...

How bold of them trying to murder the emperor.

The poison was too strong that my vision began to feel blurry and so is my hearing. I can tell that they're all screaming and panicking though I couldn't hear them clearly. Am I going to die like this?

I blacked out.

Where am I? This is... A cell. A cell!? I looked around to figure that this was the cell I was in from the past...

Was that other life all a dream? No... It's the other way around. This place is the dream.

I tried to stand up but I was tied in a ball chain. The cell slowly opened and a struck of light blinded my eyes. There I saw.

My family.

To be continued