12 - You Deserve Better

Knowing Lando, I knew whatever he had planned wasn't good. Or at least that was what I expected of him. So to avoid the scenario, I placed my arm in between the two, holding the door frame as if to block their passage.

"Thanks, Logan, for the tea," I said, looking at him with a lack of expression on my face. "We are running a bit late though and need to get going." I tried to keep my tone neutral, hoping to avoid any unnecessary drama or mischief Lando might have been brewing.

"Who said that?" Lando interrupted, pushing my arm out of the way. "We aren't late until they come knocking on our door." He reached out for Logan's arm, pulling him inside.

I sighed, bracing myself for whatever conversation awaited us in the room.

Logan seemed uncomfortable. I had known him long enough to recognize the signs of his shyness spiking. Logan was the type of person who flourished around people he knew but completely shut down around those he didn't, like Lando in this case.

"Did you get too drunk at the party yesterday?" Lando asked as he walked across the room to open the mini fridge.

"Yeah," Logan nodded, glancing back at me. "We all did, I guess," he added, scratching his throat.

"I didn't," Lando shrugged, grabbing a soda can.

"You were there?" Logan asked, trying to muster a friendly smile.

"I was," Lando chuckled, briefly looking at me, only to encounter a stern look on my face, which seemed to fuel him further. "I was there for a bit, but then Oscar took me back home."

Suddenly, all eyes were on me. For different reasons and with different expressions, they both stared at my face, trying to pick up any micro-reaction.

I guess I matched Logan in a way; I quickly became uncomfortable with this.

"Yeah, I was too drunk anyway," I said, shaking my head as I walked toward Logan to get the tea he had brought me.

"Well, anyways!" Lando said, standing up and adjusting the towel around his waist. "I'm going to go take a shower. Don't have too much fun without me!" He announced, walking into the bathroom.

Once we were alone in the room and the muffled sound of water pouring started to come from the bathroom, I finally looked at Logan, who seemed eager to say something to me.

"You should go, Logan," I told him, not trusting that Lando had any good intentions with the Williams driver.

"I thought... you were mad at him," Logan stated, looking up at me.

I didn't answer. I didn't have much to say back to him aside from the fact that I was embarrassed. In my burst of anger, I had told him I'd never be seen with Lando again outside the paddock, yet there I was, with him.

"Oscar..." he sighed, looking down at his own hands. "I don't think you should be seeing him."

"What?" I frowned, thrown off by the sudden statement.

Gripping the edges of his shirt out of sheer nervousness, Logan took a deep breath, completely avoiding my gaze, which he could sense was piercing through him. "I just think he doesn't deserve you, that's all."

"You don't know him," I debated, turning away. "If you did, then you'd understand."

"But I do know you," Logan said, finally gathering the courage to meet my angered eyes. "I've known you for so long."

"I know your favorite food, your favorite color. I know you hate spiders. I know you're one of the most talented drivers in this sport. I know Fernando Alonso was your favorite driver. I know when you had your first kiss, both of them. I know you hate to sleep in the afternoons. I know you're good in every sense of the word. And I know you're one of the most forgiving people I've ever met," Logan said, his fingers sinking into the edges of the bed, the sheets bleeding between his fingers. "But some people don't deserve forgiveness."