Chapter 87

Madeline had laid in bed all night crying into the pillow, by the morning her eyes were red and swollen. She had hid under the covers all night before she decided that she needed answers. She sulked in her bed all night, she skipped breakfast, and lunch, before deciding to take a hot shower, changed into a pair of jeans, and a red sweater.

She walked down to her fathers office, where his assistant Colin's sat. He jumped out of his chair once he saw Madeline, and bowed.

"Princess Madeline," Colin said,

"Colin, I need to talk to my father. Now. It's very important." Colin looked down at her father's schedule. 

"He's in a meeting right now, but he'll be done in ten minutes."

"Fine, I'll wait for him here." 

"His majesty is going to be a little busy...after." Colin said, as Madeline sat down on the chair in front of her father's office. 

"He can push back his next meeting." She muttered, Colin nodded and sat down. He pressed a button on his desk, and alerted her father that she was waiting for him.

"Of course, your highness." Madeline sat for ten minutes, thinking about how the conversation was going to go, her foot tapping against the marble floor anxiously. Finally, the door opened, and her father stepped out. 

"Madeline, come in." He said, she stood up and followed him in. He shut the door behind them, as she sat down.

"What did you want to discuss? I don't have a lot of time I have a meeting with the prime minister." Her father looked at his wristwatch, tapping his pen against the table.

"I'm not going to beat around the bush Dad, and I don't want you to either. Are Alexander and I engaged?" She said, she held her breath hoping her father will deny it.

"Yes and-"

"You didn't bother to tell me?"

"I was going to tell you after you graduated Hogwarts." He shrugged.

"Dad, I don't understand why you're being so causal about this. I don't want to be engaged."

"I'm sorry Madeline but this is your world, our world. Your mother and I got engaged when we were even younger than you. I was 8 she was 6. This is our life." William explained,

"But I don't love him dad! I don't love Alexander." She cried, 

"And I wasn't in love with your Mum when we got engaged or even married. Your mum and I absolutely hated each other, love will come." 

"I don't want to fall in love with Alexander. I'm in love with Draco!" She shouted, the last part slipping out before she even realized what she said. Her father barley blinked; he didn't look like he was surprised.

"You don't think I know that? I've known for a while. Ever since last year's Christmas break. The way you kept pushing him to hang out with me, the servants talking about how you two were always whispering to each other in the halls." William said, Madeline's mouth fell open, shaking her head.

"But you never said anything!"

"What was I supposed to say? I'm letting you have your little fling until you graduate." 

"It's not a fling, I'm not marrying Alexander, call off the engagement please." 

"I can't, your marriage is going to tie England and Scottland together forever. We we're on the brink of war, Scottland's troops were coming, they were at our boarder. I had to do something! So I suggested marriage and they accepted! So, nothing will stop this marriage." He said, Madeline had tears in her eyes.

"I don't want this." 

"You're the Queen, and that comes with sacrifices, you need to learn to pick your country over your heart." 

"But I'm only 16," 

"You won't be married until your 24-25, right before coronation." William explained, he shoveled some papers on his desk clearing his throat. 

"Dad...please." She whispered; she couldn't hold back her tears anymore. There was a buzzing noise from the speaker on her dad's desk and Colin's voice filled the office.

"Sir, the prime minister is here." Her dad pressed on the large red intercom button on his desk. 

"We're done here. Princess Madeline was just about to leave." William replied, Madeline whipped her cheeks, hoping her eyes weren't too red, and stood up. 

"I can't convince you? At all?" She asked, her hand on the doorknob. 

"The paperwork has been in the works for years. There's no getting out of this Madeline, this is your duty." He said, Madeline nodded, opening the door, the Prime minister, Johnathan Blair.

"Your Highness." He bowed.

"Prime Minister," She forced a smile on her lips before walking out of her father's office, her heart shattering into a million pieces.