Chapter 46

Madeline didn't consider this hiding, no she was studying, in the back of the library. She had woken up later than the others and gone to the library to study. Well, she hadn't written a single line on her piece of parchment, nor has she read a single line from the book she had open in front of her. She touched her lips, the very same ones that had kissed Draco just hours before. 

"Madeline," A familiar voice said, she looked up seeing Draco walking towards her. She smiled at him, as he sat down next to her, pushing his chair closer to Madeline's. 

"Why are you studying? It's winter break." He asked, she shrugged.

"I'm not really." Madeline answered, pushing the book away from her. She looked out the window, spotting Daphne and Theo walking in the grounds. Theo grabbed something from Daphne's hand, before starting to run with Daphne chasing after him.

"Look," Madeline said, pointing at them, Draco leaned over Madeline, she could smell his cologne as he looked out the window. Daphne had caught up to Theo and was trying to pry, what they think was a book or a piece of parchment from his hand. 

"There so cute." She said, watching as Theo leaned down and kissed Daphne, momentarily distracting Daphne. She smirked looking back at Draco.

"Madeline, are you hiding from me?" Draco asked, sitting back in his chair.

"No," Madeline answered, a breath to quick, making Draco smirk.

"I think you are."

"I'm not hiding, I just-" She signed, before staring at the textbook she wasn't reading.

"Just?"

"You're a pureblood," 

"So? I didn't think you were prejudice." Draco smirk, resting his head in the palm of his hand.

"I'm not, it's just that. Your family-" He tucked a lock of Madeline's hair behind her ear.

"I don't care what they think, I like you. I want you." He said, grabbing Madeline's hand. She looked down at their intertwined fingers, chewing on her bottom lip. Draco's eyes wandered down to her lips. 

"Are you sure?"

"Is this your way of telling me that you don't want to be with me?" Draco asked, but she shook her head, quickly.

"No, no!"

"Sh!" The librarian snapped as she walked past them.

"No, I do want to be with you." Draco leaned over and kissed her on the cheek.

"Then there's nothing left to talk about,"