Chapter 84

"So, how did you convince Slughorn to let us come with? I thought that it was only one date per person." Daphne asked, she wore a dark purple mesh dress, with a square neckline, and spaghetti strap, as they sat in the common room, waiting for the boys to come downstairs.

"I just asked. Slughorn will do anything I ask if I promise to write him once a year after we graduate. He's a sucker for royalty." Madeline smirked. She wore a spaghetti satin navy-blue mermaid dress with lace going down its left side, and lace between the slit of the dress.  

"I'm not suprised, he seems like he would be

"I'm not suprised, he seems like he would be." Daphne smirked, she looked at the boys stairs.

"Where the hell are the boys? How did we finish before they did?" She asked, Madeline shurgged. 

"I'm not sure, they always complain we take forever, but here we are waiting for them." 

"Are you two complaining about us?" Theo said as him and Blaise walked down the boys downstairs. They both wore black suits, but Theo wore a dark purple tie to match Daphne's dress, while Blaise wore a dark green one.

"We look hot...aren't I right?" Blaise smirked, 

"Theo looks very hot," Daphne said, as they stood up. Theo put his hand on her lower back, chuckling.

"I am nothing compared to how amazing you look tonight." Theo said, kissing her on the cheek. 

"Where's Draco?" Madeline said, her gazes flickering between the boys and the stairs.

"He said he'll meet us there; he has something to do first." Madeline nodded, running her tongue over her teeth, at least he was still coming.

"Okay, let's go." She said, they walked out of the common room, and up to Slughorn's office. It was quiet crowded when they entered the party. Potter stood in the corner with Lovegood talking to Slughorn, and two other men. Slughorn spotted them by the door, and excused himself from the group, as Granger came and pulled Potter away.

"Princess Madeline! Mr. Zabini! I'm so glad you two made it. You brought Mr. Nott, and Ms...?" 

"Daphne Greengrass." 

"Thank you, Professor Slughorn, for letting me bring my friends." Madeline said, 

"Of course, Princess Madeline. It's Christmas after all, the more the merrier." Slughorn said, Madeline nodded, as a waiter walked by. They grabbed the mini cups of wine filled with butterbeer. 

"I do want to introduce you to some people follow me, Princess Madeline." He said, Madeline gave her friends a 'save me,' look before following Professor Slughorn to the crowds of people he invited.

"I'd like you to meet Eldred Worple, an old student of mine, author of Blood Brothers: My Life Amongst the Vampires — and, of course, his friend Sanguini." Slughorn said,

"Worple, this is Princess Madeline Ayer, the future Queen of England," Worple bowed awkwardly, before extending his hand to Madeline.

"Pleasure, Your Highness. I've heard of the witch princess at Hogwarts." Madeline shook his head chuckling.

"Witch princess? I've never heard that one." 

"I'd love to do an interveiw you for my magizine." He said, as the vampire stepped closer and closer to them. She watched him from the corner of her eye.

"Sure,"

"I was thinking of talking about whats it like as a princess hiding the rest of your idenity from your-"

"Madeline," Elijah cut off once the vampire was less then a foot away from her. He put his hand on his sister's back, pulling her closer to him.

"Oh Mr. Worple this is my brother, Elijah." 

"I'm sorry to cut the conversation short, but I need my sister for a moment if you don't mind." Madeline breathed relieved as Worple nodded and walked back to Potter. 

"Thank god you came over; the vampire was starting to freak me out." Madeline muttered, sipping on her butterbeer.

"I know, why do you think I did?" He asked, 

"Where's Michelle?" Madeline smirked, looking around, spotting her in the corner talking to Daphne, wearing a light green dress.

"Please don't say anything to embarrass me."

"Oh please, do you think so little of me?" Madeline chuckled.

"I thought Slughorn wasn't going to let you go for the rest of the night." Daphne said, as they walked up to her and Michelle. 

"Nope, Elijah saved me. Have either of you seen Draco?" Madeline asked, looking around the office.

"Um, he's over there." Michelle pointed at the door over Madeline's shoulder. She turned around, seeing Flich dragging Draco by the arm towards Professor Slughorn. 

"Oh Merlin," Madeline muttered under her breath shoving her empty cup of butterbeer at Daphne and walked to him.

"Professor Slughorn. I discovered this boy lurking in an upstairs corridor. He claims to have been invited to your party and to have been delayed in setting out. Did you issue him an invitation?" Filch asked, his long nails were digging into Draco's arm, Draco pushed him away, freeing his arm.

"I issued the invitation. I invited him." Madeline said, Draco walked up to her, intertwining there fingers. Filch scowled looking at Slughorn for help. His eyes flaming with anger as he stared at Draco.

"Sorry Argus, but he was invited." Slughorn shrugged, Argus glowered at Draco before he walked out, slamming the door shut behind him.

"It's alright everyone let's return to the party." Slughorn said, walking back towards his guests. Madeline turned to Draco, her eyes roaming over Draco's face. He looked even more exhausted than the last time she had seen him. His face was pale, grayish color, deep dark circles, and even skinner. He simply looked ill.

"Draco I-"

"Draco, I'd look a word with you," Professor Snape said, 

"I'm a little busy Professor Snape." Draco hissed, he didn't look at Professor Snape, his crossed his arms over his chest, his shoulders tense.

"No, you're coming with me, now. It wasn't a question." Draco shut his eyes, huffing, before he nodded. He turned around, Snape leading the way.

"Where did Draco go? He just got here." Daphne said,

"Oh! We can go?" Blaise pipped in, Madeline shook her head.

"No, he just went to talk to Professor Snape." 

"If I sneak in some firewhiskey you think he'll notice?" Blaise asked,

"Ask yourself that question Blaise. Is he going to notice five drunk teenagers?" Theo said, he flicked Blaise on the forehead.

"Okay, you didn't have to be so rude about it." Blaise said, rubbing his forehead, but Madeline wasn't paying attention, she grabbed another butterbeer from a passing waiter, and waited for Draco to come back.