Chapter 8

The flashback is gonna have a lot of time skips so please don't be confused and read carefully.

Enjoy! ✨

***

[FLASHBACK CONTINUES]

As they stood beneath the shelter, the world around them seemed to fade into a distant blur, leaving only the pulsating energy of their shared moment.

Jungkook's fingers traced the edges of Taehyung's jacket, a silent acknowledgment of the warmth and comfort it provided amidst the lingering chill of the rain. Taehyung watched him, his heart swelling with a tenderness he had never known before.

"You should probably get out of those wet clothes," Taehyung suggested, his voice soft yet infused with a playful undertone.

Jungkook nodded, a blush tinting his cheeks as he realized the implications of Taehyung's words. With a shy smile, he slipped out of the jacket, handing it back to Taehyung before turning to join his other dorm mates, to go back to his room.

Taehyung watched him go, a pang of longing tugging at his heart. But even as Jungkook disappeared into the crowd, Taehyung knew that this was not goodbye. Their paths had intertwined in a way that felt predestined, and no amount of rain or distance could dampen the fire that burned between them.

As the storm raged outside, Taehyung found himself lost in a whirlwind of emotions—hope, excitement, and a hint of apprehension for what lay ahead. But above all, there was a profound sense of gratitude—for the rain that had brought them together, for the chance encounter that had sparked something infinitely precious.

With a smile playing at the corners of his lips, Taehyung turned to rejoin his friends, his heart light with the knowledge that Jungkook would be waiting for him on the other side of the storm. And together, they would brave whatever challenges lay ahead, their bond forged in the midst of a rain-soaked night, where love bloomed amidst the chaos of the world.

_

The next day, the college campus buzzed with life as students hurried to their classes, their conversations punctuated by the occasional clap of thunder from the lingering storm. Amidst the bustling crowd, Taehyung navigated his way through the maze of corridors, his thoughts drifting back to the electrifying encounter with Jungkook amidst the rain-soaked chaos of the previous evening.

As he entered the bustling canteen, the scent of freshly brewed coffee mingled with the tantalizing aroma of baked goods, casting a warm, inviting atmosphere over the space. Taehyung scanned the room, his eyes searching for a familiar figure amidst the sea of faces.

And then, as if guided by their invisible red string of fate, his gaze landed on Jungkook, who was seated at a table near the window, a book spread open in front of him. Taehyung's heart leaped at the sight of him, a rush of excitement coursing through his veins.

With a determined stride, Taehyung made his way towards Jungkook's table, his footsteps echoing in the bustling canteen. Jungkook looked up from his book, a smile lighting up his face as he caught sight of Taehyung approaching.

"Hey," Taehyung greeted, his voice tinged with warmth and anticipation.

Jungkook returned the greeting with a grin, his eyes sparkling with a mixture of surprise and delight. "Hey, Tae-hyung." He spoke while a pink hue spread across his chubby cheeks.