Chapter seventeen:

Aaliyah pov:

We watch as Lando's car gets pulled into the garage. He gets out of the car, speaks to his engineer and mechanics quickly and then walks towards us. "Lando you did so good. Your car is so fast!" Mattheo says as he runs the rest of the way to Lando. Mattheo puts his arms us and then jumps into Lando's arms. Lando holds Mattheo in his arms and then walks towards me. "Thankyou buddy. Yes it is a little faster than last time. I bet it looks faster in person too" Lando replies. "Mamma I want to come to the races every weekend!" Mattheo says as he turns to look at me. "I don't think that will be possible baby, Mamma has work and it will be very expensive to go to every race but I can try and get tickets to more races this season." I reply. I hate telling him no but I don't think i will be able to afford every race weekend. "Aww.ok"'he says with a frown on his face. "After this weekend I won't see you anymore." Mattheo says to Lando. "Why do you say that buddy. I thought we were best friends" Lando says confused. "We are but you have to go to races most weekends so we won't see you and you will be too busy to see us" he replies.

Lando places Mattheo back on the ground, takes his helmet off and then crouches to be eye level with Mattheo.
"You will see me. Yes I do have races most weekends, but I also have some off. If it's ok with your mom I will come to visit on my weekends off and maybe you can come to visit me on some weekends too.I will make time for you because you are my friend remember. I won't just leave you because the weekend is nearly over." Lando states.

My heart melts at the scene. I have never seen Mattheo like this before. He has never gotten this close to someone apart from me. Mattheo has always been a shy kid. He is always shy around my friends or new people but with lando it's never like that. He is his bubbly self that only I usually see. I've never had anyone treat Mattheo the way Lando does. Lando really seems to care about Mattheo's happiness. I feel a tear run down my face. I quickly wipe it before Lando see but it was too late.

"Are you okay? Did I do something? Why are you crying Liyah?" Lando says as stand stands up and then he pulls me into a hug. I squeeze him back "I am ok. You didn't do anything wrong. It's just no one has ever treated Mattheo like you treat him. You have been really good with him so thank you" I say as I lay my head onto his chest. "You don't need to thank me. I love hanging out with you guys" Lando says as he caresses my back in a comforting manner. "I want a hug too!" Mattheo says as he walks towards us and hugs our legs. I pull away from the hug, pick Mattheo up and then rest him on my hip. Lando then pulls both of us into a hug. I wrap my spare arm around him and my other holds Mattheo. "Lando you should come to our house and watch a movie. It's always movie night on a Saturday!" Mattheo says as we all pull away from the hug. "I would love to however I have a meeting with the team in a little bit and I have interviews." Lando replies . "You can come after you have finished. We can wait for you!" Mattheo replies. Lando looks at me " I don't want to interrupt your movie night." He says. "You won't be interrupting, if you have time and you want to join us then you can." I reply. Lando looks back at Mattheo "ok buddy I will join you for a movie night." He says. A huge smile spreads across Mattheo face. "Yay!" He says. "Ok well I should get going now. I have a few interviews and then a meeting so I should be finished about 4:30-5 ish." "Ok we will see you later." I reply.  "Bye Lando see you later!" Mattheo says. "Bye, I will see you later" Lando says as as he walks towards the exit of the garage.

Mattheo and I wonder around the circuit for a while and then have some food before we decided we should go home. It is already 4pm so lando should be done soon so I have come to the conclusion to leave now so I can get everything ready before lando arrives.

As we were leaving I take a photo and post it on my instagram story: