Chapter fifteen:

Aaliyah's Pov:

The three of us stayed in the room for a bit, mostly in silence. "Are you sure you're ok mamma?" Mattheo asks. "Yes baby I am fine now, thankyou for asking" I say as I kissed his forehead. "Do you maybe want to go on a walk?" Lando asks. I nod my head and then place Mattheo on the floor. I stand up and then walk to the door. Mattheo taps me on the arm. I look down and see his hand reached out. I grab ahold of it and then continue to walk out of the garage. I look back at lando and see he is right behind. "I don't know where I'm going so you lead the way" I say to him. "Ok" he says as he walks in front of us.

As we walk out of the garage it is really crowded. The paddock is full of fans. I forgot it was going to be so crowded. I grip Mattheos hand tighter and the continued to follow lando. Lando looks back and sees me and Mattheo a bit behind with a few people in our way.He walks closer to us and the puts his arms out for Mattheo. "Come here buddy we don't want you to get lost in the crowd" he says.Mattheo reaches up and then Lando picks him us and then places him on his hip. He looks back to me and asks "do you want to meet some of my friends?" "Sure. Just lead the way and I will try to keep up" I respond.

We continue to walk for a little before I see who we are going to see. I see Charles, max and Carlos talking to each other. As we approach I slow down a bit because I'm a bit nervous.

"Hey guys." Lando says to the group. "Hey" they all say. I finally reached the group. All eyes are on me. I quickly step behind lando so I am out of the spotlight. "Who is this little man?" Charles asks. "I'm Mattheo, nice to meet you!" Mattheo answers the question. "Nice to meet you Mattheo" Carlos says with a smile.

"This is Mattheo's mom, Aaliyah." Lando says. I step out from behind him and give them a small wave. "Hey, how are you guys?" I say. " I think we are all good thx for asking" Charles says. "So Aaliyah what do you do for a living?" Charles asks. "I am a mechanic at a local garage" I respond. "Ooo nice what got you into wanting to be a mechanic?" Mac asks. "If was more of a hobby as a kid that grew into a job . I used to watch my dad work with my brother to fix their own cars and it was really interesting to me. When I was 16 I brought a car that was broken. I wanted to fix it so it could be my first car so I spent hours on it until it was finally fixed. I love the opportunity to go into the workshop everyday, solve a problem, and make the customer happy. My interest in cars,which I have had from a very young age,turned from a hobby and passion into a career. I also grew up with my dad watching motorsports. The only thing that was really on the tv was either formula one, moto gp or indycar." I respond. "Wow you have an amazing mom Mattheo" Charles says. "I know she is the best!" He responds with a huge smile on his face.

Before I could say anything a fan came up to us and asked if she could get a photo with all four f1 drivers. I take Mattheo out of Lando's arms and then walk out of the frame. "Hey can you take the picture please" the kind fan asks. "Yes of course" I reply with a small smile on my face. She hands me her phone and then she walks to the group. I open the camera app and then take a few photos. I hand her the phone back. "Thankyou" she says and then walk's away. Lando comes walking towards me and hold his arms out again to take Mattheo. "I can hold him if you want. You will have a dead arm if you hold him for too long" I say. " no its ok I don't mind. I want to hold him if that's ok with you" he responds. Mattheo looks at me and I silently ask if he wants to go to Lando. He nods and the reaches out again. We walk back to the group and continue out conversation. I love Lando's and Mattheo's relationship. Mattheo hasn't really grew up around men apart
From my dad so it's nice to see him so close to Lando. He is usually really nervous around then but that isn't the case with Lando. It's like he makes Mattheo feel safe.

10 minutes go by and a few other drivers have joined the group. The new people are Oscar, Daniel and Pierre. Mattheo is talking to the f1 drivers as I just watch.

"I want to be an f1 driver when I grown up!" He says. "You should ask your mom if you can start karting"  Oscar says. He turns to me "mamma can I? I really want to start karting!" He says excitedly. I smike and then nod. "Of course baby." I reply. We talk for another few minutes before Lando said we were going to continue our walk. I say goodbye to the group and then follow Lando.