Chapter eleven:

Aaliyah's pov:

We have just got to the cafe. I park the car and then i go to help Mattheo out of his car seat. Once I have unbuckled him, I pick him up and then place him onto the floor. I reach to hold his hand, which he happily gives me, and the walk to my passenger door to grab my bag from the footwell.

After I grab the bag, I lock my car and begin to walk to the entrance of the cafe. I open the door and me and Mattheo walk in. As soon as we step foot into the cafe, all you could smell was the aroma of sweet pastries and coffee. I don't know why I have never thought to come here. I always see it when I drive to work but I never think to stop here. I look around and spot a familiar set of brown curly hair. I start to walk towards him.

Mattheo hasn't noticed who we are walking to because he is distracted by the colourful walls and the cakes on the display. As if he could sense we were here, lando turns around and gives me a huge smile.

Once we reach the table Mattheo turns around and sees who we are meeting. His smile grows even bigger when he sees Lando. Mattheo lets go of my hand and runs the rest of the way to the booth.

"Lando!" Mattheo says excitedly. "Good morning Mattheo, how are you today?" Lando ask. "I am good" he says and he tries to climb onto the booth seat. I went to help him but before I could reach him Lando reaches under his arms and lifts him up and places him next to him. I take my bag of my shoulder, place it on the seat and then sit opposite to Lando and Mattheo. "Were you good for your mom?" Lando asks. Mattheo nods as a reply. "I am glad you were a good boy for your mom"Lando praises Mattheo.

Lando turns towards me and gives me another million dollar smile. "Good morning Liyah" Lando says to me. "Good morning Lan, how are you?"
I respond. "I am good thankyou for asking, how are you?" Lando questions.
"I am great thx" I respond.

Before i could say anything else the waiter comes up to us. "Hello, I am Marie and I will be your server today. Do you know what you want?" She says with contagious smile on her face. Her smile is one of those that if she smiles, other people would want to smile too. I look at the menu that was in front of me and say "Hello, can I please get the waffles with strawberries and syrup please?" "Yes of course, what drink can I get you?" I look at the drinks part of the menu and respond with" can I get a Caramel latte please." " ok, what can I get you sir?" She directs her question to Lando.

"Can I get a sausage, egg and cheese bagel please with a glass of milk please" Lando says whilst looking at the menu. "Of course! What can I get for your son?" She says.

Lando froze for a second before Mattheo brought him out of his trance by saying, "Lando isn't my dad he is my best friend. I don't have a dad"

The waiter looks mortified. "I'm so sorry I didn't know he wasn't your son." She says whilst looking down. "It's ok." Lando replies. Lando looks at Mattheo and says " ok buddy what do you want for breakfast? There is pancakes, waffles, scrambled eggs and bacon or an omelette" Mattheo looks at the waiter and says "Can I get the scrambled eggs and bacon please. Oh and can I have some strawberries!!"
" sure and what drink do you want?" Marie says whilst looking at Mattheo. Mattheo places his finger on his chin like he is thinking and then says "capri sun please!" "Ok I will take your order to the kitchen and I will be back with your drinks shortly." She gives us one more smile before turning around and walking away.

Before lando says anything to me I quickly say "I'm so sorry she thought he was your son. I bet you didn't really want that to happen." Lando replies with "it's ok. I was just a bit shocked at first" I look at Mattheo and see he is colouring in the picture that was on the back of the kids menu.

"So Liyah, what do you do for a living?" Lando asks. "I work in a garage as the head mechanic at the moment but eventually I want to own my own garage." I reply. "Wow! I didn't expect you to be a mechanic. That's so cool. I know who to come to if any of my cars stop working properly" Lando says. I laugh at that and say " ok just let me know before you bring it in so i can clear my schedule to fix your car."

We make small talk whilst we wait for our food. The drinks arrived 10 minutes ago and Marie said the food would be out in the next 15 minutes so the food should nearly be done. "So why did you move from the uk to Miami?" Lando questions. Before I could answer I got saved by Marie bringing the food. As soon as the food was on the table I dig into it so I don't have to answer the question right now.

It's not like I don't want to tell Lando why I moved here it's just hard for me to actually say it for the first time. I didn't even tell my dad or mom the full truth of why I moved. I told them some of it but not the main reason.

I don't think I could lie to Lando or even tell him some of it because I think he will spot I'm not telling the full truth.I don't know why but even the thought of lying to him is too hard for me to think about. I have a feeling he will ask again and I will have to answer truthfully, so I try to mentally prepare myself.