Chapter 27: Chilling in Bed? Nah.

The candles flickered, the dark and ruined ballroom is now filled with people. Sitting on top of the highest of the ruins, sat the leader as he read through the book in his hand. "...You found him" Speaking up, the person glanced down at his subordinates below him.

"Yes boss," Pakunoda answered with a nod as she glanced at the rest of the team. No one wants to tell him the news that he escaped, so, all they can do is to keep themselves busy.

Smiling slightly, the ravenette closes his book. "Uvogin hadn't come back yet...For now, we'll continue with our plans," Glancing up at the dark sky, the ravenette smirks as he stands up. "Then, I better get going as well,"

-

"I can't sleep..." With his eyes wide open, Netsu looks around the room before groaning. Noticing the two kids have already dozed off into wonderland, the both of them tangling with each other. Putting a hand on his forehead, it is noticeable that his fever has gone down already.

Sighing in a bit of relief, Netsu took his brand new phone out (since he broke the last one) and started reading the news on the hunter website to see if there was anything to watch out for. Raising his eyebrow, Netsu noticed an updated news that was posted yesterday.

"..An auction at the cemetery building? So the auction I went to before was just a fake one to lure thieves out. Dang it," Netsu sighs, running his hands through his black hair. "Should I go there and steal the game this time as well..? eh...I'm bored so why not,"

Putting on some clothes, Netsu gets dressed before teleporting away, his eyes glowing in a tint of red as he leaves behind an illusion of himself, one that shows that he is still sleeping in bed. Opening his phone, Netsu set a timer. 4 hours...I should finish it in time.

As he walks down the streets, he slowly makes his way to the building until he realizes there are many precautions taken at the entrance. His instincts told him he wouldn't make it in if he didn't use underhand tactics. As he was about to turn himself invisible, he could hear some shooting coming from the area.

"Eh?" Surprised, Netsu watches as bodyguards fall onto the floor one by one, like little dolls that are knocked over by the wind. "Well, guess I jinx myself," Conjuring up his spears, he blocked all of the bullets that flew towards him.

"Netsu! Netsu!" Getting spotted, Netsu saw a speck of blond hair in one of the bushes nearby the area, immediately knowing who it was, Netsu walked towards the blond who's tapping on his phone.

"What's going on? You are raiding this place?" Netsu questions, not minding the bloodbath that is happening all around him while Shalnark smiles brightly at him. His hand controls the remote in his hand as he makes the bodyguards shoot each other.

"Boss said so," The blond nodded before pulling Netsu down to sit down beside him. "By the way! Why did you leave like that? Feitan told me and we were all surprised! Wait let me call Pakunoda so that we can-" Before the blond can continue, Netsu's body has turned to mist and disappeared.

"OH COME ON-!"

-

The ravennette notices it, the trail of blood, the smell of blood. It was so noticeable that it makes the raider look like he wants to get caught, he probably does, but not by him. Swinging out his trident, Netsu's eyes glowed red as fire began to appear on the trident.

Walking inside the room, Netsu raised an eyebrow as he saw the man. His arms swinging out as if he's composing a melody, eyes closed as he stands right beside the edge. "Chrollo"

Opening his eyes, the man glanced behind him. A smile appeared on the man's face as he noticed the boy. "Netsu...long time no see,"

As soon as he turns his body back, Chrollo quickly side stepped as a trident is thrown right at his face. "That is not how you should treat your best friend Netsu. But I guess it was because of your memories..." He frowns as he walks closer to Netsu who is just staring at him quietly.

Netsu frowns slightly, when he sees the man's face, a sharp memory pierces through his brain. As if it's a recollection of his past memories which makes him stand frozen on the spot. However, in Chrollo point of view, he's thinking that Netsu is letting down his guard for him. For him. Stepping closer to the boy, Chrollo caresses his cheeks and hugs him tight. He misses this kind of warmth, for so many years, he waited.

"You promise you'll come visit...though, it's been several years. You broke the promise. You said you'll remember us, remember me. But....In the end, you did come back. " Chrollo said, his tone was calm but there was a bitter feeling inside his voice. "However, you visited us at the wrong time. We are quite busy right now you see,"

He can only sigh as Netsu conjures up another trident, swinging it out which causes Chrollo to back away for a few feet. "How about we talk before you suddenly become all cuddly like Shalnark?" Netsu spoke up, despite feeling familiar with the hug, Netsu reminded himself that this man is a part of the phantom troupe. The most dangerous organization in the world.

Raising an eyebrow, a smirk appeared on Chrollo's face as he stared at the trident that was pointed at him. "Still snappy like before, really, never changes," Chrollo said with a short fond chuckle. "How about you wait for us at the base first? We can talk there later,"

"How about here and now?" Netsu gives him a small smile, showing that he's not wavering as he conjures his trident away. After that, he glanced at the two corpses in the room. Damn, one of them is stabbed with a pen...Though, he's probably gonna use them to do something later.

Chrollo could only sigh at the boy's stubbornness which he is all too familiar with.

"I bet you ask me to leave because you have somewhere else to be right?" Netsu's eyes glinted up with a smirk on his face. "If my small memories of you serve correctly, you have something else planned don't you? Oh, like fighting the Zoldyck or something!"

Hearing the boy figuring out his plans, Chrollo could only shake his head with a fond smile. "I would gladly leave that plan if you're here. I rather recover all of your memories right now,"

"Well," Netsu shrugged. "I'm just here to see who is the man I've been seeing in some of my dreams,"

"Have you heard? If you see a person in your dreams, it means you like them," Chrollo chuckled out. Though, he would never say it out loud that he has dreamt of Netsu numerous times in the past. He has yearn for the smaller boy to come and visit him again for so long.

"Huh, maybe I wouldn't mind getting a kiss from you," Netsu smirked, can't help but let out a tease.

Smiling, Chrollo stuffed one of his hands inside his pocket as he looked at the boy. "I wouldn't mind that either," Covering his mouth, Chrollo smile softly as he stare at the boy intensely with intimacy. 

Netsu raised an eyebrow as he rubbed the back of his neck slightly. "Jokes aside, you should leave before I ruin all your plans,"

"I wasn't joking," Sighing, Chrollo took out another one of his pen, twirling it around in one finger as he thought to himself for a moment. "You are as insisting as always, Netsu. Fine. I'll come and visit you later... and take you back" Reaching out, he hugged the boy inside his embrace while his eyes darkened slightly.

Netsu stayed still and gave out a small groan. "What are you? A lost puppy who has to stick with me 24/7?"

"No, but I can be one. You're cute as always, I'll gladly adore you with my puppy eyes,"

"Ew"

"Are you 'ewing' me?"

"Who else? The fucking corpse? Because one of them look disgusting with how many pen that were stab into it"

"Yes"

Getting out of Chrollo's embrace, Netsu walks towards the edge of the building. His eyes glowing crystal red as he disappear into the night, all he can heard before he left was: "I'll track you down later,"

When the boy left, the smile on Chrollo's face disappeared. Only a darkened expression remains on his face as he grabs the collar of the corpse. He could only sigh to himself as he allows the boy to escape from his grasp once again, he swears, once all of his plans are done, he'll pull the boy back to his side. Everything can go back to normal again...just like it were years ago. It will be fun.