Chapter 1: Hunter X Exam X Strangers

3rd POV

The elevator went down, accompanied by the sound of the wind dancing in the room where the boy sat. The teenage boy has black hair with an indigo eye and sea green eye. The boy put on his eye patch covering his left eye. He has a black hoodie, which is a size larger than himself, that covers his indigo shirt. His black shorts went down to his knees, barely covering the knee pad he wore for protection. The boy's name is Netsu Alston. Using Zetsu he sat down on the chair, waiting for the elevator to arrive.

Netsu POV

The wind blew stronger as the elevator came to a stop, my ebony hair fluttered covering my dark indigo eye. I put my hand into my hoodie as I stepped out of the elevator, glancing around the room to see less than 100 participants in the room.

"Please take this and put it on you," A walkable green bean greeted me. He handed me a badge with #72 on it before walking off to who knows where.

Looking around, it seems that I'm early. I walked around the tunnel aimlessly, looking around I could see quite a few amusing and dangerous participants.

Ooof, Anddddd I just have to bump into someone.

I look up at the person I bump into to see a clown...he has a weird pink hairstyle, no kidding, he looks like a clown from a mental asylum and is wearing badge #44.

"Sorry, sir," I said awkwardly, I paused slightly as a sight came into my mind. (A/N: remember, he doesn't have full control of his nen ability yet so sometimes it activates on its own)

"It's fine dear~," he said with a small sadistic smirk, not seeing the small distracting thoughts I'm having.

"Uhh, thanks?" I said I'm not very good at socializing, that's for sure. I glanced at him, what a not-so-good past. At least he is one of those guys who never talk about their past. "You have a nice paint mark on your cheek," I noticed the makeup.

"My thank you doll~ I'm Hisoka the Magician~ Nice to meet you~" The mental asylum escapee, wait no, the 'magician' said. "May I get your name doll~?"

"Netsu,"

"Such a nice name~ See you around little doll~" He left, disappearing into the crowd of the other applicants.

Forgetting about the weird guy, I slip my headphones on as the music starts. I could see more and more applicants coming in which started to get on my nerves a bit. It's not that loud but it's too crowded. Don't get me wrong, I don't have agoraphobia, but crowds just make me irritated and annoyed since it reminds me of certain past events...

"Hey there," I turned my head slightly to see the person who was addressing me. "My name is Tonpa and this is my 35th time taking the hunter exam. You're new here aren't ya?" I glanced up and down at the male, the male had brown hair with a large round nose. Looks weak and disgusting.

"Mmh" I replied, quickly losing interest in him.

"You can always ask me for help!" Tonpa said grinning, grabbing onto my shoulder like we are 'long lost friends' which slightly increased my annoyance. I don't need your help...Do you know what hand to yourself means? I rolled my eyes, but Tonpa didn't see it, instead, he looked inside the satchel he was carrying and rummaged through it.

"How about a toast for our new friendship?" Tonpa said, handing me a can of orange soda he found in his bag. When did we become friends? I could clearly see the male intention when he walked and started talking friendly towards me.

"Mmh '' I said, I could actually just break the male bones into pieces and then throw him off the cliff or let him be eaten by some wild beast. It wouldn't take a second before I came back here to continue participating in the hunter exam, but, since I'm in a good mood, I might as well follow the play.

Taking the drink I could smell the poison inside. I could feel a small smirk creep onto my features before quickly disappearing as I gulped the drink down. I could see the disgusting mischievous grin on Tonpa's face. Huh, what a weak poison, but the test is quite good. I continue drinking, feeling the sweet liquid going down my throat.

"Such a cheap trick," I said rudely with a smile on, deadpanning Tonpa. "well can't blame you since you're just an old pig," Second after registering my words, Tonpa's features became red from both embarrassment and also maybe rage.

I smirk and continue wandering aimlessly in the tunnel, trying to find any kind of entertainment. Don't get me wrong, I'm not that rude, I'm just rude to people who deserve it. He's just one of the vic-I mean people I think to deserve the rudeness. I should throw him off a cliff after the hunter exam to tor- I mean, to teach him why he shouldn't mess with other people.

I went to the corner of the tunnel and sat there. Putting my headphones on and putting my guard up, that I drift off to sleep.