Chapter 4: Pig x Cooking x Nightmare

Netsu POV

All 5 of us continued walking around the forest to look for pigs. Gon starts sliding down the hill and so I follow down. Suddenly Gon surprisingly stopped sliding, fortunately, I stopped in time before I crashed into him. But unfortunately, Killua crashed into me, Kurapika crashed into my shoulder and Leorio crashed into both Kurapika and Killua, nearly making my face kiss the ground.

My back! I cried inside my mind, holding my attacked limbs as I rolled onto the floor. 

"What's wrong?" Killua asks Gon while I crawl back onto my feet, holding my aching limb.

"I think I found the pigs.." Gon said, as all of us directed our gazes at the pigs, who were chewing...bones. One of the pigs saw us, signaling the others with its loud voice and they ran toward us at full speed. I jumped onto a tree for safety, conjuring a dagger, and I hit a pig in the head and it died instantly killing it.

"Guys, the weakness of the pigs is the head!" I said, but loud enough for the other 4 who were running away from the pigs to hear. Seeing that they are taking care of the pigs themself, I grab onto the pig I killed and leave for one of the free cooking stations. 

I start cutting down the pig and roast it slowly making sure that the flame is okay and continue setting up my dish. After finishing, I look at the other applicants who are done as they try to satisfy Menchi and Buhara. Unfortunately for them, Menchi just didn't pass any one of the applicants.

"I give up. I don't think we can please her at all. Wake me up when it's done," I whispered to Killua who is right next to me as I jump onto a tree branch nearby, making myself comfortable. "You're not going to even try?" He raises in question. 

"There is no use. My cooking skill won't be up to her standard," I reason, "After all, I feel like she would just turn down all of the applicants anyways,"

"Weird, but okay," Killua said as he went back to cooking his dish.

I adjust my hood to make myself in a more comfortable position. I observe the other applicants on how they are cooking which for myself, which I found very amusing. Maybe I should have recorded it. For example #301, he is roasting the whole pig which is literally bursting into flames and nearly burning down his own culinary station. 

What an arsonist.

After the entertainers give up one by one, I sigh in boredom and I close my eyes as I doze off to sleep...

◥꧁ད ռօ! ཌ꧂◤

In the middle of the room was a boy with black hair at the age of 5. His eyes widened in fear, biting his lips tight as he waited for the texture of the whip to hit his skin again and again. Soon, it stopped, finally, his father have finally finished with the torture today, the boy thought.

"Oi brat, Get the fuck out! " His father yelled, throwing the whip away and pushing the boy ruthlessly out of the house. The boy was left confused until he saw 3 military men outside his house, seeming to wait for him. His face went white as a ghost instantly. 

"Father, please! I will be good! PLEASE!" The boy screamed, pleading. The father ignored the boy's pleas as he went to the military man, getting some cash out of him. The boy tried his best to get back inside the house but was restrained by the military man as they dragged him into the car.

"Wait," A boy, slightly older than the younger ones by a few years, steps outside the door. It's his older brother, this makes the younger boy's eyes lighten in hope as his brother came toward him but the word he said made his hope polished into pieces. "Go die for me, Silas. This way we would get more money from your uselessness and I don't have to see your worthless face ever again" His older brother said with a sweet smile like he didn't say a thing wrong as he hug the younger boy. The hug is very warm, but the younger boy could feel nothing from it.