Chapter 5: Chairman x Cliff x Airship

Netsu POV

Arriving at the cliff. Mechi starts talking about getting the egg that was on the spider webs. She demonstrates this by jumping off the cliff. She grabs onto the strings, closes her eyes, and grabs onto a spider egg before letting go of herself, later an updraft carries her up, back onto the top of the cliff where all the applicants are at.

"So we are supposed to jump down there?" I ask Kurapika who is next to me for reassurance.

"Yes,"

"Let's goooooo!" Gon said excitedly, jumping off the cliff with Killua as the other applicants followed. I grab onto the strings, patiently waiting for another air draft to occur.

"Let's go!" Leorio said, about to let go of the string but was stopped by Killua.

"Are you stupid? We can't!"

"Why not-" Some of the applicants let go of the strings, falling down the cliff, not returning back up. I gesture for Leorio to see as he answers it with an "oh,"

"When can we go?" Killua said, looking at Gon who was concentrating, trying to feel when the wind would come. Gon shook his head, signaling that there is no wind yet. The strings are getting weaker and weaker due to the weight of all the applicants.

"Tch," I growl, the string wouldn't last long and the air draft wouldn't come any time. I grab onto an egg before letting go.

"NETSU!" I heard my companion yell seeing me let go of the string. Ignoring it, I conjured a dagger and stabbed it onto the wall of the cliff as I used it not to let me fall. I put my feet onto the cracks of the cliff to support my body more.

Looking up, I gave my companion a small smile as they gave me a relieved smile in return. I climb up the cliff and plop down onto the floor looking at what will happen next.

"Congrats kid," Menchi said looking at me. I nodded in reply as I continued to look at where my companion was.

"Now!" Gon yelled as he grabbed onto an egg, falling down into the cliff. The other applicants follow Gon's lead. Aren't they just copying Gon? Later, an air draft came, carrying all the applicants onto the top of the cliff.

We started to boil the eggs and when we are done, I know why it is called a dream egg now. It tastes so much better than regular eggs.

"That was really cool, Netsu!" Gon and Killua said coming up to me and telling me how he nearly got a heart attack after seeing me letting go of the string. I chuckle at their childish manners as we headed back into the airship.

After we were done, we went back to the airship as an announcement went on.

"Allow me to introduce myself to the remaining 43 applicants, I am Netero the chairman of this year's hunter exam committee," A grandpa said, no I mean the chairman said.

"And I am Bean, his secretary," The green bean I saw who gave me the badge when I first arrived at the tunnel said. " I originally planned to arrive at the final round of the hunter exam but since I'm here now, I'll stick around for the rest of the trip,"

"We will arrive at our destination at 8 am tomorrow, you'll find dinner in the dining hall, you are welcome to do as you please and do whatever you want until you are contacted," Bean said as he continued his speech.

After the speech ended everyone scattered around the airship. Leorio and Kurapika went to one of the rooms to sleep, leaving me with Gon and Killua.

"Netsu, Gon, let's go explore the airship!" Killua said it with so much energy, making me wonder where he got it from.