Chapter 14: Zoldyck siblings

"Who are you?"

Netsu carefully takes a step backward, sizing up the boy, remembering from Illumi's memories that this is probably the youngest Zoldyck.

Netsu takes a cautious step backward, assessing the boy, recalling from Illumi memories that this is most likely the youngest Zoldyck.

"Netsu..." Netsu's gaze quickly focuses on the boy's unfinished and sloppy flower crown. He sat down slowly, patiently, and began assembling the flowers into some sort of craft.

"What brings you here?" The boy continues to question. "Killua," Netsu said, finishing his work as the boy in front of him's eyes sparkled with sadness and jealousy. "I'm here to see Killua," Netsu clarified, standing up and returning his gaze to the smaller boy.

"Killua-nii...friends?" The boy was unsure, most likely because he had never considered himself to have a friend. Even if he claims that his hostility is obvious because he raises his paper fan, ready to attack at any time,

"Not in particular, he calls me Netsu-nii," Netsu said, surprising the younger boy as he placed the flower crown he had made on the boy's hair. "Could you please tell me where Killua is?"

Netsu did indeed follow the boy who led him to the Zoldyck manor, despite his hesitation at first. Netsu looked around as he walked through the manor's dark corridor, noting that there were few to no windows.

"May I ask whether your parents are aware of my presence?" Netsu wanders the corridor, scanning it.

The boy ignores Netsu's questions and continues on his way to who knows where. "They're expecting you," The boy said, pointing to a door in the corridor, and slipped inside quickly. 'Probably heard me when I opened the gates,' Netsu reasoned as he entered the room after knocking.

Netsu could feel the massive weight on the handle as he opened the door, but he pushed it smoothly and closed it behind him. There was literally only...nearly the entire Zoldyck family in the room. "Hello, my name is Netsu. Killua's Oni-san. I and his friends have come to pay him a visit," Netsu said formally as he bowed politely, feeling the stare that went right into him.

"My name is Silva, and I am Killua's father and the head of the family." A tall muscular man spoke up, his hair and eyes matching Killua's. Silva motioned to the rest of the family, and Netsu nodded. "This is my father, Zeno, and their grandfather. Kikyo, my wife. "Illumi is my oldest, Milluki is my second-oldest, and Kalluto is my youngest,"

Netsu turns to face Illumi, who is staring at him with those blank black eyes. "Good day, Netsu. You arrived faster than I expected," Illumi said, his tone normal...well, too normal for Netsu. The other Zoldyck noticed the unusual friendliness in the always emotionless boy, which nearly exploded from their eyes out of their sockets.

"Nice to see you again, Arsonist," Netsu said with a mischievous smile on his face, earning a deadpan expression. Netsu snorted at the male reaction before returning his gaze to the rest of the Zoldyck clan.

"...Are you two friends?" Silva asked slowly, trying to come up with the right words.

"I suppose?" Illumi and Netsu both said at the same time, questioning the question in their minds.

"...Please take a seat," Silva said after a brief awkward silence. Silva then took his seat at the head of the table, while Netsu was assigned to sit next to Kalluto. "Why don't you come to dinner with us before the questions begin?" Silva inquired further, to which Netsu nodded in agreement. After all, he's already seated in the dining room, and the food has been served.

Netsu raises an eyebrow at the plate. 'A pufferfish...' 'I had no idea we could eat those,' Netsu reflected, drawing the Zoldycks' attention to his reluctance.