-20-

Asher___

I opened the door for Elle once we arrived at my home. She excitedly skipped to the front porch surveying her surroundings.
Not like she hasn't been to my house before.
This is like her second home.
I carry her little luggage with me, closing the door to my car.

I walk up to Elle, searching with my pocket to fish out my keys. I opened the door and she scurried into the apartment, screaming.

"Calm down, baby. You might fall." She walked into the living room, planted herself on the couch. Stretching for the remote on the side stool.

"Cmon, let me show you to your room." My home has basically three bedrooms, with cozy furnitures. Well, that's how I like to describe it.
Don't ask why it's three, well I guess I still have to let out the tea.

When I went hunting, I came across a lot of beautiful houses but it wasn't to my taste. I wanted to get one with two bedrooms having in mind, Charlotte will be sleeping over sometimes but the few, I came across didn't pick my interest. So I settled for this. A one storey building. It is quite large for a bachelor like me.

What am I doing in such a big house?

That's literally what I get asked often. I stylishly avoid giving answers.

Michelle fell in steps with me as we walked up to the room I had prepared for her.

Well, sometimes I do pay people to come help me clean up. Moreover, that's when my schedule is quite packed, giving no room for adjustment. Other than that, I'm good with cleaning by myself. Just have to put on some good music and I'm game.

"What are we doing today?" She asked once we got into her room. Well, her room for the weekend.
"Go on an icecream date, see movies and have fun. About movies, what do you suggest, cartoons? Barbie? I'm down with anything." I smile at her, helping her unpack as she sat on the queen size bed.

"You would really watch Barbie with me? Aren't you a little old for that?" She giggled. Like she didn't just insinuated on me being an old school.
Particularly, an old man.

"You hurt me, baby. Do I look old to you? Look at those muscles. Do an old man have those? Do daddy have those?" I flex my muscles before the realisation of what I had just said hit me. Oh no. Before I could take that back, she already caught onto it.

She pursed her lips, tilting her head to the right, raising her brows.

"Daddy? I have not seen my daddy. Mummy says he left." 
He left?

He doesn't know she exists.

What does she mean by that?
Was she really raped?

"I'm sorry, baby. I didn't mean to say that.
What movie again? Barbie?" I apologize, diverting her attention from that to our previous conversation.

"The Shack!" She clapped her hands in excitement.
"The Shack? What's that?"
I doubt I have come across that.
"It's a Christian movie, I love to see."
Oh.

"Oh really?"
"Yes. Then after, we can go see Barbie. Are you in?" She asked looking up at me waiting patiently for an answer.
Well yes.

"I'm game. Be ready in 10. I'll be downstairs."
She stood up, putting on her shoes she got rid off earlier.
"For?"
"Ice-cream date." With that, I walked out of her room.

***

We heard a knock on the door. We shared a look before I got up to go check it out.
It's quite late. Who could be there? I look to the wall clock and it read, 10: 25pm. I heard a car pull into my driveway, I didn't think much into it though.