-17-

Roselyn___

He sent his address. It's a 15 minute drive. I took Elle over to my parents. Told dad where I'll be so he doesn't have to worry. He was worried alright.
Worried about how our meetup will go.
Worried about Asher's reactions.
I told him, I'll be fine.

I got into my car, leaned my head on the headrest for a bit. My phone dinged with a message notification. I clicked on it and Asher's text popped up.

I'm sorry. I just got home. You still coming over?

I ignite the engine before sending a text to him.

Yes.

I drive over to his apartment. I pulled up in his driveway. His home looks beautiful. The lawn's beautiful and well kept.
I missed coming home to Asher cooking.
I missed him so much.
I rest my head on my steering wheel.

Lord Jesus, please take control. Help me keep my calm. Give me the courage to speak up, sweet Jesus. Amen.

After muttering that short prayer, I took my bag and my phone. Unlocked my door, stepping out looking at his surrounding in awe. Asher got two cars packed in the garage. I've seen him use his grey Toyota camry, 2022 model but not his Toyota Highlander 2023 model.
Looks like a fan of Toyota.

I walked towards his front door, knocking lightly on it. I rung the doorbell too. I hear some muffled sounds before the door swung open startling me.
"Hey, come in." He stepped aside for me to gain more entrance.

"Your home is beautiful and homely. I see why Elle loves coming over." I smiled taking in the beautiful interior designs.
"Thank you."
We stood there in silence. I stare down at my newly painted pale pink toe nails. He has his eyes on me.
I'm suddenly nervous.

The awkward silence engulfed us for a while. However, Asher cleared his throat then spoke.
"Anything to drink? Tea, coffee or juice?" I spun around to face him.
I love juice, Asher. Don't you remember?
"Juice."
"Figures. Orange juice, it is."
And that's my favourite.

"You just gonna stand there?" He raised a brow at me, tilts his head over to the kitchen.
I follow him quietly.
"I'll help you." I offered, standing beside him. He took the oranges from the fridge, placed a bowl beside the sink.

"I'm good." He said washing the oranges.
"I insist. Please," I moved over to the work top. He handed everything I needed. I squeezed the oranges into a smaller bowl.
We were done in no time.

"What did you want to talk about?" He blurted out handing me a glass of orange juice.
"I think I'm ready to speak about that night."

"You think you are ready to speak? You aren't sure? Why did you come over? To waste my time?"
You are asking too many questions, Asher. He looks irritated. I take a long sip from my glass. I dropped it on the work top stepping closer to him.

"Please, let me explain. I promise I didn't cheat on you. I loved you so much to do that to you. You were important, you still are. Asher, please believe me." He stared disbelieving at me. Shaking his head almost immediately.

"What ever you are doing isn't gonna work. You want me to let my guard down so you can stumble upon me like you did before? It's not gonna happen. You aren't making sense. How on earth do you want me to believe you never cheated on me, when you ain't gonna talk about what happened? Dara, I walked in on you bawling your eyes out cradling a stick. And to think I was gonna propose to you that night, ridiculous."

I stare wide eye at him.
He was gonna propose to me?
He was gonna make me his wife.
What I always wished for.
I'm sorry, Asher.
I wish it was that easy talking about it.