8.Sleep together

"It's okay!"

There are some things that are better left unsaid!

"I just think you haven't chosen the right cosmetics. I'll help you pick a set later."

Qiao She touched Song Wei's face.

"There's this kind of natural makeup now, which looks very natural and smooth, unlike your current makeup that's cakey. I'll teach you later."

"I really don't know anything about these things anymore."

"It's okay, I'm here for you."

Although the two sisters each had their own hidden thoughts, they chatted without any hesitation.

After some other chit-chat, Song Wei brought the conversation back to Qiao She's newly married husband.

The more Qiao She avoided the topic, the more Song Wei felt there was something wrong. "Qiao'er, Chen Yajun said your husband's name is Shang Lu?"

"Yes." Qiao She took a sip of coffee.

Song Wei stirred her cup thoughtfully, "That name sounds quite unique, not like an ordinary person."

Shang Lu had a special aura about him.

But Qiao She couldn't quite put it into words.

"Before he went bankrupt, he might have been somewhat successful. But after the bankruptcy, he's just an ordinary person."

"Chen Yajun said he's ugly?"

"Chen Yajun told you that?"

"Yes."

"Huh!" Qiao She snorted with a sneer, "Chen Yajun is just jealous. He's never seen anyone more handsome than him, and suddenly someone came and surpassed him, so he must feel very unhappy."

Song Wei thought about it again.

No wonder when she asked Chen Yajun about Shang Lu, his face looked so ugly.

"Chen Yajun was the school's campus crush. Whoever surpassed him must be insanely handsome?"

"You'll know when I bring you to meet him next time."

"When are you going to arrange that? I'm afraid you just married someone randomly and are not happy with it."

"How could I have just randomly married someone? Shang Lu is Shang Zhongbo's son, and I've known Shang Zhongbo as friends in adversity for seven years."

"You still call him Shang Uncle?"

"You know, the word 'Dad' is difficult for me to say. I hardly ever said it when I was growing up."

"But you should still call him by his proper name now."

Qiao She imagined Shang Zhongbo might be farming in the countryside.

And she and Shang Lu lived in the city, so they probably wouldn't see each other every day for now.

She had considered renovating their new house and bringing Shang Zhongbo to live with them, but that would be in about a year's time.

The matter of calling him by his proper name could be discussed later.

But on that same night, Shang Zhongbo came to her rented apartment.

Shang Zhongbo had a chicken in his left hand, a duck in his right, both still alive, and a basket of vegetables on his back.

If it weren't for the fact that he couldn't reveal his identity to Qiao She yet, Shang Zhongbo would have brought all the most expensive nutritional supplements from home and even wanted to hire a nutritionist to help Qiao She take care of her health.