4.The way my wife manages the household

Shang Lu didn't speak again, "..."

He didn't know if he was overthinking people's intentions or if she was too naive in trusting them.

This was a question he needed to rethink.

As if he couldn't believe her unconditional support, he reminded her again:

"Qiao Qiao, aren't you afraid that this money will be wasted, and that I might never be able to earn it back?"

Qiao Qiao thought for a moment and said firmly:

"Even if there's a chance of that, it's my own choice."

"I chose to marry you and live with you, so I should trust you."

"If I make a wrong choice, I should be responsible for the consequences."

"Everyone should pay for their own choices, right?"

Shang Lu fell silent again, "..."

"Mr. Shang, I don't expect you to become wealthy and successful, nor do I expect you to truly rebound and earn a lot of money. But you have to pick yourself up and be the pillar of this family."

Qiao Qiao seemed to be encouraging him, yet also warning him.

"So starting today, don't think of yourself as a boss running a company anymore. You have to work hard. If you become depressed or indolent, I naturally have ways to deal with you."

"You're going to start managing me?" Shang Lu smirked.

Qiao Qiao became serious, "I'm not managing you. Although I'm prepared for the worst, I don't want that ten thousand yuan to really be lost, so I still need to oversee you."

Shang Lu smiled and buried his head in his noodles.

Suddenly, he realized that this simple egg noodle soup wasn't as bad as he thought.

After eating a few mouthfuls, he said to Qiao Qiao, "You don't have to lend me the ten thousand yuan. Just now, a buddy of mine sent me a message saying he's brought the money to my company."

Qiao Qiao looked up, "Is it true?"

"Yes," Shang Lu continued eating.

"Your buddy is quite reliable. You should thank him properly later."

"But," she added, "you should still take my ten thousand yuan first to deal with the emergency. After all, borrowing from your brother will leave you with a favor to repay."

Shang Lu finished his noodles and put down the bowl and chopsticks, "It's fine. We've been brothers for over a decade. Keep your money. You've worked hard to save it."

Qiao Qiao also finished and stood up to clear the table, "If you need it, just let me know."

After cleaning up, they went to their respective tasks.

Before separating, Qiao Qiao comforted and encouraged Shang Lu.

As she rode her electric bike out, she stopped specifically and sent two WeChat messages to Shang Lu:

"I'm afraid you don't have money for transportation, so I just transferred two thousand yuan to you."

"Everything will get better, keep going!"

Upon receiving the WeChat messages, Shang Lu furrowed his brows.

No wonder she said her phone had no signal before leaving and wanted to use his.

It was to ensure he wouldn't refuse her WeChat transfer and had helped him click on the "Receive" button.

By now, Shang Lu was seated in a Rolls-Royce.