5.Don't know one's own weight?

The people in the company were pointing and gossiping about Shang Lu.

Initially, they thought he was tall and handsome, and Qiao Qiao had married well. But now, all they had were negative comments.

Shang Lu simply ignored them.

He stood at the top of the food chain, and to him, these people were just like a few ants crawling under his feet as he overlooked the scenery.

It would be easy to crush them if he wanted to.

But he didn't have the time for that.

He just continued to enjoy his scenery.

He wanted to see how Qiao Qiao would react, so his gaze only rested on her...

Qiao Qiao thought that Shang Lu was silent because his pride had been hurt and he was in an awkward situation.

Men are all about face, after all.

Although they didn't have any feelings for each other, Shang Lu was still the man she had chosen.

How could she let Chen Yajun mock him like that?

"Chen Yajun, I remember when you just started your company, you were penniless."

"It was Wei Wei who took out her savings of 50,000 yuan and borrowed another 50,000 yuan from relatives and friends to give you to invest in your business, right?"

"At that time, when your whole family moved to the city, none of you had a job or income. All the expenses for food, shelter, and daily needs were paid by her, weren't they?"

"So speaking of this, you've also relied on a woman for a living before."

Qiao Qiao retorted without hesitation, leaving Chen Yajun with a flushed face.

That wasn't enough to satisfy her, so Qiao Qiao deliberately took Shang Lu's arm and said deliberately again:

"My man is indeed bankrupt and has no money, but he is diligent and willing to work. He's already looking for a job to make a living."

"A man like him, who can stand up after falling and has strong resilience and execution, is bound to achieve something in the future."

"Unlike some people, who are accustomed to relying on women and still mock others for doing so."

Chen Yajun's face looked increasingly ugly as he heard this.

"Qiao Qiao, don't talk nonsense. I've been earning money for years and haven't asked Song Wei for money."

"Didn't Song Wei pay for your house?" Qiao Qiao retorted.

"I..." Chen Yajun couldn't refute.

The other people watching in the company also gained a new understanding of Chen Yajun, who was usually so accomplished.

So Chen relied on his wife to start his business?

But it's strange! Qiao Jie and Chen Ge have always gotten along well, haven't they?

Why does it feel like they're fighting today?

Did they have a falling out?

Even the others realized this, let alone Qiao Qiao.

She rejected Chen Yajun's confession and didn't satisfy his despicable and disgusting demands. He had taken it personally.

The days ahead would not be peaceful!

But Qiao Qiao wasn't afraid.

"Chen Yajun, why do you look so upset? Did what I said upset you?"

"If you're not comfortable, you can just go home. Don't bother joining us for dinner and ruin your appetite."