Ch 12: A Fortuitous Encounter

"Liliana, we must go now." I hear Father say as I nod.

I already made 5 vials of Twilight Tranquility Tonic using 4 petals, and gave the rest 14 to Father, since I did not need them and he could instead use it for the welfare of the children of the orphanage. He first disagreed, but after a lot of persuasion he agreed to my demand stating that he will return it if I ever ask him to.

Aiden and Elma did ask me questions of where I was going, but I assured them that I will tell them later. I do not wish to hide anything from them.

As we reached the Emporium, Father informed one of the employees of what we have, and testing the tonic with his magic, he quickly led us to one of the back rooms as a familiar voice reached my ears.

"You don't get it! I need the tonic for my sister urgently!"

"The Tangerine Twilight flowers are exceedingly rare, Prince. Not everyone possesses the ability to even touch the flower and then brew potions. But rest assured, we are doing everything in our power to locate them for our Princess," the man's voice quivered with tension as we finally entered the room.

"This girl has 5 vials of Twilight Tranquility Tonic!" the Employee announces excitedly as all gazes turn towards me.

Then, before me stood Lesche Pyrecrest, the future heir of the Archduchy and cousin to Prince Vincent.

The last time I saw him was in the academy, never did I ever see him during my execution even though nearly every noble was present there.

Lesche approached me, inspecting the vials with a mix of relief and concern. A royal physician hurried over, examining the tonic with keen interest.

"These are of excellent quality. Four vials will suffice to cure the princess," the physician exclaimed, his joy palpable. Meanwhile, I felt a wave of apprehension wash over me.

That's when I realized why he wanted the vials. Princess Alicia, Vincent's half sister, was suffering from many mental illnesses after her mother, the concubine, was executed for plotting against the empress.

Even in the academy she never talked to anyone but Lesche, and was usually absent in the classes. But after Terra healed her, she was able to finally move forward and stood up for herself.

Even though Vincent and Alicia never had a good bond because of her mother, Lesche always took care of Alicia and both of them usually stayed out of royal matters relating to Vincent and Terra. The only reason Lesche respected Terra was because she healed Alicia and gained his favor.

Princess Alicia had a pure heart, and I would love to help her. But wouldn't the future change if I sold them these vials?

"How much will you sell these vials for?" Lesche's inquiry snapped me back to the present. I struggled to find the right words, acutely aware of the gravity of the situation.

Thankfully, Father intervened on my behalf. "She will sell them for whatever price you deem fit, Your Highness."

"And you would be?"

"I am Rex Elven Your Highness, incharge of the Orphanage and Church of Ludwig." he said as he gently urged me to introduce myself.

"I am Liliana Frostvine. I brewed the Twilight Tranquility Tonic just yesterday, and these vials contain the fruits of my labor. I hope they aid the princess,"

"So you were able to gather the petals of Tangerine twilight and were even able to brew this tonic?" the Physician asks astonished as I nod

"You have a great talent, young girl. This tonic is perfectly brewed and good for consumption, I can tell by the smell and color itself. Perfect for the princess. Just 4 vials will suffice" he says as Lesche looks at him

"What is the usual price of this?" he asks the Emporium employees.

"A vial usually costs 90 gold coins, and 4 vials of such good quality and concentration must cost nearly 400 gold coins." he says

My mouth dropped at the price. Even though his monthly income would be a lot more than this, with this amount I would be able to live as a rich Arab for many years ahead! And I would still have a vial left.

"Do you have an account?" the attendant asked me as I said no.

"Open an account for her in the imperial bank and transfer 450 gold coins to it in her name. The Orphanage shall also receive due recognition and resources for nurturing someone who aided in saving the princess."

"We do not need so much-" Father tried saying but was cut off by the attendant.

"Do you wish to refuse the Prince's demands?"

He instantly realized his mistake and we both bowed and thanked him.

"Do you wish for something more?" Lesche asked me directly

I do not need anything more, but if these vials save the princess, my name would be known to many nobles, and to avoid Terra and Vincent, I do not wish for this kind of attention.

"It will be my honor if his highness keeps my name a secret as I do not fandom attention of the nobility." I say as he nods agreeing to my wish.

Before leaving Lesche turned to me once more, offering a final assurance. "Your name will remain a secret for your own safety, and I thank you for your assistance."

With the transaction complete, I found myself the unexpected owner of a bank account, brimming with newfound wealth.

Looks like I will have to truly thank the lavenders this time.