21. Just One Day

"This is yours?"

"Yeah," Day informed, nonchalantly.

"Damn," Mhok examined the car key closely, "You had a car all this while, and I never knew."

"Well," Day shrugged, "As you can see, I'm not in the best condition to drive. Maybe that's why we didn't have that conversation."

"Alright," Mhok chuckled at his sassy tone, "We're taking this home then?"

"Yep," He smiled, "It's all yours now."

"Nah," Mhok dismissed, "I'd rather take the car owner."

Day's face felt warm, "Let's just go, okay?"

He smiled at his flustered boyfriend, "Sure, Day."

Later in that morning, they bid farewell to Day's parents and set off to Mhok's house. They promised his parents that they would visit them more often. Mhok was just happy with the fact that his parents had entrusted Day to him completely, and he was not going to disappoint them.

"It's been a while since someone has driven it," Day stated, while running his fingers in the air through the window.

"It works just fine," Mhok assured as he stepped on the accelerator firmly.

"I've only driven this a couple of times before all that happened," Day's tone was sad.

"Well, I'm here as your driver," He looked at Day, "You can go wherever you want."

Day smiled, "Alright, driver. Take me to my boyfriend's house."

"As you say, Sir."

Day had dozed off by the time they pulled in front of Mhok's house. It was a three hour journey. Of course, they had to be tired.

After waking Day up, they strode towards the house.

"I guess this is my turn to be nervous now," Day laughed a little.

"Well, aren't you a charmer? They'd like you for sure," Mhok smirked as he quoted Day's words.

He rolled his eyes, "Yeah, sure."

Needless to say, Mhok's parents were overjoyed to see their son again after so long.

"Mom," Mhok whispered as he embraced his mother, "This is Day," He broke off from the hug.

"Yes, Day!" His mother turned her attention towards the nerve-wracked man.

"Hello," He greeted awkwardly while waving his hand.

His parents had immediately liked the man.

"How did Christmas go?" His father enquired as they all walked to the living room. The place was not as grandeur as Day's, but it was homely and comfortable.

"Great," Mhok glanced at Day, "Day's parents are nice, and we had so much fun."

The conversation went on like that for some time before they decided that they needed to freshen up and have food.

"We have a few days left till the New Year," Mhok sat beside Day on the bed. It was Mhok's room. Fortunately, his parents had tidied it before they arrived.

"So, what's on your mind?" Day asked.

"I don't know," Mhok smiled, "We can do whatever you want. Tell me if there's any place you'd like to go or food you want to eat - anything."

"Hmm," Day thought for a while, "Everything's been about me from the beginning. This time, tell me what you like and what you want to do."

Mhok's heart fluttered in his chest, "M-Me?"