39: Goodbye and Hello

"I have more!" Knockout started a few minutes later, coming back with high grade in his arms.

"Where did you get this?" Megatronus asked.

"The Autobots actually make some at the mines. You just never see it before I get my servos on it." He said, poking him in the chassis before handing out more cubes.

Shockwave, Soundwave and Optimus were the only ones who declined. The predacon seemed to want one, but Soundwave wouldn't let that happen.

"So how long have you been here?" Shockwave asked.

"A few weeks? I think, I lost count." Optimus shrugged, "Megatron arrived a little later." He added.

"Mmm." Megatronus nodded, "It was pleasant to have you though." He started, "Even if it was for a short time."

"Suck up." Ratchet grumbled.

"Only a little." Megatronus joked with a laugh at which Megatron rolled his optics. "You were tolerable too." He added towards Megatron.

"Likewise." Megatron forced out slowly, playing nice for the sake of it.

"Aww thanks." Knockout started.

"Mmm, was nice while it lasted." Dreadwing started, ignoring Megatron. "It was a pleasant contrast from the usual." He added.

"Well, umm." Shockwave started, feeling he was expected to add something. "I don't know any of you well, but ahh, thanks?" He tried, perhaps referring to their run in and escape from Ultra Magnus. "I um- just gonna stand over here." He tried and shuffled away to Dreadwing.

"It was kinda fun actually." Soundwave started as he worked, "And to have someone to talk about medicine-"

"Oh yes." Ratchet nodded. "I like you the most."

"Thanks?" Soundwave asked with a slight grin.

"Hold on is that your third?" Knockout asked Megatron, noticing the empty cubes beside him.

"Mmm."

"You tipsy?" He asked.

"No? I have a miners frame." He grumbled.

"Huh?" Breakdown asked.

"They don't bother equipping miners with filtration sensors." Megatronus explained.

"'Waste of recourses.'" Megatron added to which Optimus scoffed in disagreement and before he could let out a word the monitor went off.

"Hmm?" Ratchet asked and picked up. "That was fast." As Wheeljack answered.

"You made it sound more complicated than it was." He joked.

"We're almost ready as well." Soundwave said, "Just checking over the starting sequence."

"Well, can't say I'll miss any of you." Megatron started as he got up. "But it was a good break from Starscream's murder attempts."

"I wish I had his courage." Starscream started, "I didn't mean it like that-" He started towards Megatronus who just laughed.

"I know, I know." He added, "Lets get you all home." He added and wondered over to Soundwave.

"I'm about to engage it." He started.

"Wheeljack?" Ratchet asked.

"We're powering up too." He said.

"It better work." Bumblebee said, somewhat threateningly.

"It will kid." Weeljack rolled his optics. "It's powered, we're linking it now."

"We got it, they're joined." Soundwave said as the ground bridge activated. "Stable." He said, casting it a glace.

"Same here." Wheeljack said as Optimus spotted a figure in the background.

"Wheeljack is that-" Optimus started as Bulkhead picked up the predacon. Yes it was. Sneaky bugger.

"Hm?" He said and turned. "Oh cool, it works. Toss it through." He said and Bulkhead did so.

They watched their ground bridge and soon enough the predacon landed. "Rawr." It let off cutely.

"Hmm." Ratchet let of fondly. "Well then, goodbye." He said with a slight bow.

"Is Megatron coming through?" Arcee started. "Weapons ready?"

"Just get some distance for now." Optimus said, no need to antagonise the mech who was getting increasingly impatient. "We'll see you soon." He added, cutting the com as Ratchet and he stepped away from the monitor and towards the ground bridge.

"We're going?" Megatron asked.

"Yes." Optimus said and turned to the nice Deceptions. "Again, many thanks. If you ever require support, we will try to provide it if we are able." He said.

"It wasn't a problem, and likewise. You already helped us plenty." Megatronus smiled and shook his servo with a soft smile. "All the best."

"Yea, Good luck!" Knockout practically shouted as they headed towards the bridge.

"You too." Optimus added as they entered. The green spiral engulfed their visions for a few moments before they emerged at the other end.

Bumblebee let out a happy whoop and took a few steps forwards to hug them, but then narrowed his optics as Megatron came through.

"We should probably get him out." Fowler started.

"Yea, I'm disconnecting the dimensional adjusters." Wheeljack said.

"Good to see you both again." Bulkhead started.

Ratchet let out a strangled laugh that sounded like he agreed.

"Can you get the bridge?" Arcee started, uneasy with the warlord present.

"Yea, putting in some coords." He said as the ground bridge fired up again. "There, feel free to leave bucket helm." He said.

"Where does this come out?" Megatron asked, rightfully cautious.

"Somewhere safe, relax." Wheeljack said and nodded to Optimus as if to reassure him that was the truth.

Megatron wasn't having it. "I'll come with." Optimus said and started walking towards the ground bridge.

"Erm." Bee started uneasy.

"Let-me-change-it-real-quick." Wheeljack started. "Ok, go for it." He added moments later and Optimus went through with Megatron.

"Hmm." Megatron let out as they heard waves and took in the terrain moments later. "A deserted island, as if I cant fly." He laughed.

"He had to come up with it quickly." Optimus shrugged and took a step back. This was his nemesis after all.

Megatron noticed the movement and stared at him silently, his expression becoming serious. "When you said you would give up the matrix to end the war-"

"On equal terms." Optimus added.

"Did you mean it?" He said.

"I would return it to Primus in a sparkbeat." Optimus said, very serious.

Megatron rolled the words over in his helm. "Well then." He said and straightened up.

"Hm?"

"When would you like to start peace negotiations?"

---End---