Chapter 37

It opens on Kaede, Dylan, Summer, and Dia sitting on the couch with KeeKee sleeping in Kaede's lap as he and Dylan was petting her as she was purring with Charlie, Vaggie, David and Razzle and Dazzle putting up a banner that reads "Happy first week, Sir Pentious!

Charlie: That looks perfect! Aah! I am so excited that Sir Pentious is staying at the hotel!

Vaggie: Um...Pentious was just trying to take over the city with his weird steampunk bullshit a few days ago.

Charlie: Well, I haven't seen him try to pull any of that here.

Sir Pentious comes in, rolling in a new machine that his Egg Boiz are sitting on.

Vaggie: What the hell is that?

Sir Pentious: Oh, hello, purple female. It's my new invention, the Skin Flayer 11,000! I'm really looking forward to shooting the other residents.

Charlie: What? Why?

Sir Pentious: Everyone is being too nice. Obviously it must be a lie. I can sense that they are planning to kill me, but when? How? I must be prepared. Ooh, the new parts of my machine are here.

Odette and Clara come in, wheeling in boxes of weapons. Pentious runs over to them

Odette: *holds out clipboard* Sign, please.

Sir Pentious signs the clipboard while Clara wheels in the boxes

Odette: Thank you for your business. Enjoy your Carmine purchase.

As Odette and Clara about to leave Kaede notices them as he stood up from the couch and approached them.

Kaede:Hello girls it's been a while

They both saw him and immediately blused.

Odette:O...oh hello Kaede

Clara:It's good to see you again

Kaede:Likewise, how is your mother

Odette:She's fine

Kaede:That's good, tell her I said hello

Odette:Of course

Both girls then left the lobby as Sir Pentious takes the crate full of parts and weapons for his machine. As he slithers back, Vaggie realizes whom he's buying from.

Vaggie: Carmine? As in Carmilla Carmine? You are buying parts from an overlord?

Sir Pentious: Uh, of course. She's the top weapons dealer in Hell.

Summer:An even bigger question is how does Kaede know her?

Dia:Yeah how do you know Carmella Kaede?

Kaede:I've known her for years, I met her through Zestial when he asked me to help her with a favor

Summer:I thought you normally stick to yourself?

Kaede:Well it wasn't that I seeked him out but rather he seeked me out

Dylan:You mean he found you?

Kaede:Yes he did somehow

Vaggie: Anyway, we're stopping this right now.

Vaggie takes Pentious's boxes away.

Sir Pentious: Hey!

Vaggie: You absolutely cannot build weapons in this hotel. No one is trying to kill you. People are being nice because they want you to feel welcome.

Sir Pentious looks at Vaggie with a wry expression. He peeks over his machine to scowl at the other residents and workers. The camera pans to Husk downing a bottle in the bar, who flips off Sir Pentious. Angel Dust, standing near the bar on his phone, does the same. Richard, Patrick, and Jack were standing by the bar as well as they did the same. Niffty, who is dusting a corner of the wall, looks at him and does a sinister-sounding giggle