Chapter Forty One: Ouch

Quinn leans down and kisses Justin and I stand frozen as she licks her lips. "Hm, I can see why you keep him around."

She runs her fingers down to his stomach and pulls up his shirt, running her hands over his abs and then down to his pants. He's trying so hard to break free from the ropes and I'm too petrified to do anything.

Her hand travels down his pants a little, not far enough to touch anything and his eyes squeeze shut. As Quinn unbuckles the belt on his pants, taunting me with a sickening grin, a tear trickles down Justin's face.

That's what gets me to say it.

"Stop," I say loudly, staring at Justin.

Quinn laughs, seeming satisfied she got something out of me. She winks and unzips his pants.

I yank my gun out of my pocket and aim it at her.

I've surprised myself, though we both know I won't shoot.

Quinn throws her head back and laughs. "You? Shoot me? Yeah, right. That's funny."

Staring at me, her eyes twinkling with a sickening taunt, she pulls out a knife from her boot and puts it up to Justin's throat.

I take a quick intake of breath and freeze, my eyes wide. She wouldn't.

Smiling even wider at my expression of horror, she pushes down the blade and blood trickles slowly down his neck. She only cuts another centimeter before a gun shot erupts.

She gapes in surprise. I didn't shoot her of course- I couldn't do that. I shot at the ceiling, causing dust to fall down on us.

Almost quicker than I can realize what's happening, Quinn throws the knife that's in her hand.

Finally, my instincts come to life and I dive out of the way, to the other side of the bed where she can't see me.

Another knife comes at me and lands in the wall inches above my head. I yank it out of the wall and stand from my crouched position behind the bed.

I glare at the cackling Quinn. Anger taking over my body, I throw the knife at her and it goes through her hand. She cries out in pain and shock.

It only takes a few moments before Quinn's fury overcomes her and she pulls the knife out of her hand. She's shaking, but still she has the power to continue torturing me. She storms to Justin and before I can stop her, slices across his stomach.

I gasp and jump towards my gun, which I dropped by the door when Quinn threw the first knife at me. I stand up straight and aim as soon as I reach it.

Quinn laughs, but there's a hint of fear in her magnificent eyes. "You won't shoot."

But something has erupted in me. And I know that I can do it. I can shoot.

I make sure my aim is good, taking a deep breath. As my finger pulls slowly on the trigger, I close my eyes, not wanting to witness Quinn's death.

But before the bullet leaves my gun, a scream escapes me. I stumble back and look down at the knife plunged into my stomach.

THE END

Jk