Chapter Thirty Two: Escape

Justin kneels down next to me, caressing my face. He pulls me into him, attempting to comfort me. I keep the tears at bay and pretend that I'm okay with it.

He has his arms around me and he whispers sweet nothings things in my ear, such as, "it's only to protect you", "I'm not letting you go because I love you", and "you're safe here".

I remain silent for the next few minutes. "Are you okay?" Justin asks after Cole gets up and goes to the living room.

I nod. "Better. But I need to go to the restroom."

He let's go of me, warily watching the motel front door to make sure I don't run out.

I make my way to the bathroom and lock the door behind me. I look in the mirror. Oh my goodness, my makeup is a mess. I wipe off the mascara that's running down my face. I'm wiping my cheek against my sleeve when I see a small window above the shower.

I only have to contemplate wether I can fit through it or not for a few seconds. I definitely can. I just need to break the window.

"I'm sorry," I whisper, and mentally finish the rest of my apology to Cole and Justin in my head.

I know what I'm doing is dangerous. Like Sammie said- Quinn's hiding because she doesn't want to be found. She's probably not going to be too happy to see me.

But I have to. I have to find her. I have to.

I grab shampoo bottles and throw them as hard as I can. Nada.

"Ariana!" I hear Cole yell. "What are you doing?!"

I don't answer and he starts banging on the door. They know I'm doing something, just not what I'm doing.

I finally pause, desperately searching for something to throw that will break it.

My eyes travel over the cabinet, then back. I pull as hard as I can on the cabinet door until it finally releases.

Ignoring Cole and Justin's shouts, I shove the cabinet door into the window as hard as I can. The window shatters, leaving just a few pieces of glass around the bricks.

Panting, I latch onto the ledge, ignoring the pain from broken glass in my hand. I get up there sideways then fall feet first. I need to hurry up and go before Justin and Cole break in the bathroom or figure it out.

I examine injuries first. My hands are screaming in agony, blanketed in blood. There are a few cuts on my legs and stomach, but I'll live.

Taking a deep breath, I start running.