Chapter Twenty Eight: A Stolen Kiss

The shower water stops. Quickly I close all the screens and log out. One minute gone by.

Just seconds after I slide the computer back and move the tv back, Justin comes out wearing a fresh pair of clothes, whistling to himself softly. I'm laying on the bed, fiddling with my fingers

"Bored?" Justin asks sitting next to me.

I frown. "No," I say, wrinkling my nose. "I could do something if I wanted to."

"Oh, really? Like what?" Justin grins.

"Like.....uh, fight. I could train," I say, raising my eyebrows.

"Oh, yeah? So why are you just sitting here?" Justin asks, nudging me.

"Good question." I stand, taking the opportunity to kick his ass without him knowing I actually really want to hurt him. "Wanna help me train, then?"

"With what? I'm not letting you use your words on me," he says, and I smirk at the almost scared look in his eye.

I laugh. "Just kicks and punches and all that."

"Yeah, okay. Sure."

*          *          *

I duck as Justin throws a side punch and kick him off his feet. He lands on his side and I laugh, helping him up.

We both look over as we hear a car pull up. Cole climbs out. I give Justin a look and sigh. "I'll be back."

I run over to Cole. "Cole...I need-"

He cuts me off. "Apology accepted," he interrupts.

I raise an eyebrow suspiciously. "Well, that was easy."

He smiles, glances at the spot where Justin is standing, wraps his arm around my waist, and pulls me into a kiss.

I gasp in surprise and his tongue enters my mouth. Eventually I snap awake and pull away. "Cole," I whisper harshly. "You did that on purpose!" I look back to see Justin has gone back inside.

"Well, I didn't kiss you on accident," he chuckles.

I punch him on the arm and he winces. "You know what I mean! You knew Justin was right there!"

Cole shrugs and I huff, nostrils flaring. I storm inside where Justin is sitting on one of the beds, watching tv.

Of course I'm furious with him, but I would never actually want to really hurt him. "I-"

"It's okay," Justin assures me. "I saw who it was."

"Cole really hates you," I blurt out, then purse my lips.

Justin laughs. "I know. And I must say, I've never disliked someone as much as I dislike him."

I sigh, sitting down on the couch. I think about the fact that I now know where Quinn is and a bundle of excitement blooms in me.

Finally, I'll be able to find her.