6.Tulips

𓆩*𓆪

"Heavens, you are mesmerizing" Shi feng gasped looking at the ethereal sight of Meiying infront of her eyes.
Meiying looked at her reflection in the mirror, maids have dressed her in a pretty blue silk Hangfu resembling her eyes, with golden strapless inner gown, partially revealing her neck ,reaching down to her ankle.

A silver silk robe embroided with floral prints loosely covering her entire hands and lower abdomen, making her unusual skin tone even more prominent.

"I've never seen eyes like your's before" Shi Feng said pulling Meiying out of her zone, "And your skin.." she was about to say something but paused in mid.

Meiying diverted her gaze from mirror to Shi Feng.
"Too dark?" She asked making Shi Feng shook her head.
"Don't take my words otherwise Meiying, I just don't find you ordinary, you are so beautiful that I don't have words to express my fascination."
Meiying flashed a soft smile at Shi Feng, being familiar with this type of behaviour, "I understand".

Meiying was indeed different from the ordinary females of Dynasty, with her skin not too fair , her big blue eyes and her non petite figure, she did stands out different from everyone in the Empire.

"Beauty is like the moon that rules the night
but often is clouded by the storms of fate, like that fish who swims the sea only to get caught in hooks for meat,
it's better to be ugly and left untouched then be pretty and get plucked; it's all vain" she said looking at herself in mirror.

She knew her beauty is not just reward, it's other way around for her.

Shi Feng shook her head and smiled at her, "Whatever you say Meiying, if I were a boy, I would've fallen in love with you by now" she said giggling, making Meiying burst into quants of laughter.

They both looked at door as servant announced the presence of empress Sohsi.

Meiying got up in respect of empress, bowing her head low she greeted her.
"Are you ready...oh my goodness you are beautifull" she said as she looked at Meiying, fully clothed in beautiful Hangfu, and her beautiful silky hair up in a bun with half braided around and secure with blue , red embedded pearls hair pin.
"Thank you my highness, it's a favour to get a compliment from your grace", Meiying said making Sohsi feel marvelous towards Meiying, she wasn't only beautiful by looks but she was well mannered and disciplined.
"I see, your father raise you well" , Meiying had impressed Sohsi , and that's a great favour for her .
Meiying was brave, she didn't fear anyone but still she have to be as careful as much as she could in this castle; she knew it's going to be fire but that doesn't mean she'll play with it having fuel in her hand.
She was still unprepared, to become the best version of herself she needed support and that's why she's building herself a ladder.
"Thank you your.." she tried saying but empress interrupted her in between, taking a step towards her.

"It's mother for you not some formal greetings like your grace or yours highness, call me mother" she said as Sohsi held Meiying hands in her's.
"Let's go, King asked for your presence to introduce you and your father to the court".
Meiying nodded as she took a sharp breath in, she was preparing herself to step again in the very same court where she lost everything.
Sohsi realised how Meiying got tensed so she decided to reassure her more with her sweet words.
"Enn,Don't worry, I'll be there too but behind the walls, I'll get you out as soon as your presence would not be a necessity there."
"I'm all under your mercy m... mother" , Sohsi smiled and gladly patted Meiying's head and they left the chamber.

She was standing in the middle of the royal court, surrounded by nobles and courtiers.
She held her head high as she gracefully walked towards the dais behind her father,untill her gaze fell upon the court members and the other councellor.