5. Meiying

𓆩*𓆪

The whole time atasi didn't look up, neither did she speak a word but when she heard Xiao Dan's voice, she couldn't stop herself from peeking at him, from behind of her veil.

The moment her eyes landed on his structured face ,she forgot blinking.
He was different from his brothers, he was more fair, with dark amber eyes and beautiful long hairs, mostly put up in a half bun.

He was tall, more muscular than any of his brothers , with light dimples on one side of his cheeks.
He has strong facial features like his straight brows and his shap jaw but yet he was soft with his pink lips and adoring smile.
He was a vision of beauty and grace with his dark brownish hazel eyes that sparkled like jewels ,made everyone fell under his spell.
He wore sapphire colored gown of silk which was laced in golden , the color of the sky at dawn.
And a crown threaded along with his hairs made of silver with pearls was rested lightly on his forehead.

Yes, she had seen him in her last life but never like this before, she felt herself getting lost at his sight.

Yes, she already knew what's going to be her name and she even knew who's going to name her but still it sounded different to her this time.

"How about we call her Meiying , since she came in this castle when plums are blooming everywhere symbolising the strength residing in a new beginning."

Dan said taking Qi's and everyone's attention in the room, they started appreciating his idea.

In her last life Atasi didn't really paid any attention to the description of her name but this time she did and her heartbeat accelerated at the way he called her Meiying and glanced at her , catching Atasi already staring at her.

She was surrounded by number of peoples but she seemed to notice none of them. Her gaze was only fixed on the prince.

His face that was both stern and gentle seem to seizure her eyes.
Their eyes met, and something stirred in their hearts,they felt a connection, a pull, a longing that they could not be explained.

As if someone just got back something they have lost a million years ago.
Both were under each other's gaze,forgot where they were, who they were, what they were supposed to do.
They only saw each other, and they felt a warmth that spread through their bodies and souls.

For Atasi, her heart was pounding because of something strange, something new, something she never felt.
She didn't realise that she was lost, until Xiao Dan let go of his stren face and cold eyes and smiled at her, making her shook out of her zone.
His eyes made her heart ache as she reminisced Xiao Dan's last words when she was dying; I love you Atasi , I won't let you die.

She still can't believe, that Xiao Dan loved her.
Apart from everything, one thing was different, he didn't smile at her in her last time during their first meet, even she rarely saw him smiling ever in her last time, then how?.
May be because in her last time Atasi didn't interacted much with Dan but this time she did.
Giving herself a reason of his smile,she looked down at her hands, avoiding any wary encounter just now, She wanted to know so many things about Dan but this is not the right time. encounter just now, She wanted to know so many things about Dan but this is not the right time.
One thing she learnt after being married to Xiao Fu that never trust anyone in this castle , anyone could be a snake with sugar on their lips.
She again looked up and saw Dan looking at his father with absolutely nothing on his face. Her gaze travelled from Dan's face to where Xiao Fu Gang was standing, she felt a wave of agitation thinking how can someone hide so much of cruelty behind such innocent face.
Fu Gang wasn't as heighted as Dan but he had pretty soft features, that's why in her last life , Atasi misunderstood him as a nice person.

"Hey I'm Shi Feng, what's your name?" Atasi looked up at her, it's King Qi's only daughter ; Princess Shi Feng.

Sadly she will schemed to death by Fu Gang after a year from now.
In Atasi's last life she didn't really get along with Shi Feng because of cultural difference and also because Atasi was afraid and lived timidly in this castle.
She only interacted with Shi Feng in festivals or celebration other than that, she mostly spend her time learning things she was told to learn.
It was not Shi Feng's fault, it was Atasi who was too scared and was too embarassed about her insecurities that she avoided everything.
But she'll not repeat the very same mistake, to get her way she want someone to be her ladder to climb up to Fu Gang.
Atasi smiled joining her hands, "I'm.. Atasi" she said in low tone but her sweet yet sour voice gathered all the attention on herself.
"Not anymore daughter, from today onwards you are Chen Meiying, daughter of Chen Jun ,the councellor of Northern borders", Qi said and then tilt his head towards his minister and his sons.
"I beleive, I can trust everyone present in this room with this secret ", he asked raising his brows and everyone nodded their head .
"You don't have to worry father, you can trust me" Fu Gang said stepping ahead, he never misses a chance to look faithful and trustworthy infront King.
King nodded his head and than he looked at Xiao Dan and gesture him to come towards him, Dan walked past Fu Gang ,making him gritt his teeth but put up a fake a smile at the same time in annoyance.
Dan was the eldest and the most responsible of all, that's why Qi trusted him more with his important task.
"Son, can I trust with something?" Qi asked, "You can trust me with your life father and I'll turn the whole world upside down for you" he said with his fisted hands on his chest, as his eyes held the utmost service.
Qi nodded with his chest filled pride from his son's confession.
"I want you take responsibility of construction of newly furnished Chambers for Meiying near the chambers of empress and princesses, also assign our best sentry to gaurd outside Meiying's chamber and Chen jun's chamber too." he gave orders to Dan.

"Pratap...agh pardon me, Chen Jun, You must be tired, go take a relaxing bath get some rest and I'll meet you at lunchn
Then I'll introduce you to court in evening".
He then looked at his wife; the mother of the nation and
requested his beloved empress to take Mieyeing with her.
"Make sure she get everything she needs in your hospitality" .
"You won't regret trusting me My lord" she said bowing her head infront of King.
Then she looked at Meiying and went to her.
In her Atasi's last life , she refused to go with Sohsi;the empress of king, because she was scared and wanted to stay by her father's side but this time she won't let go of any chance to gain favour of King and Queen.
King had an empress and two consort and one maiden.
The first and most generous is Queen Sohsi, she became the royal empress when she gave birth to Xiao Dan the first heir of Xiao Dynasty.
She wasn't anything like the others in this castle, she was a women with a golden heart.
In Atasi's last life too, Sohsi made sure to provide everything Atasi ever needed, She made sure to make Atasi feel comfortable here ,but for Atasi's misfortune she got into the trap of Xiao Fu Gang's mother ;Diwei.

Diwei was not King's wife, she was a mere maid and through her quick-witted technique's ,she made her way to King's bed and got herself to be a part of King's concubine.

Diwei was harridan women , she was always jealous of Sohsi and wanted to replace her and the title and place in this castle that she never had, that's why she trained Xiao Fu Gang as his bishop and played him the way she wanted.

The first consort of King was Jingbei, Xiao Huan was the son of Jingbei.
King's second consort was Luqi, she didn't have any children's because of some medical conditions .
But for gratefulness of Sohsi when Shi Feng was born, after nursing and nurturing her for six months she gave her daughter to Luqi, saying Luqi is mother too and she believe that Shi Feng will be more loved by two mothers.
That made King Qi more inclined towards Sohsi looking at her munificent heart.

"Daughter, come with me" Sohsi said extending her hands towards Atasi, if it was her last life she would've been clung to her father and started crying in fear but this time she looked at her father for consent.
As he nodded placing a kiss on her head, she got up and joining her hands infront of Queen she expressed her respect.
"I'm under your guidance my highness, favour me with your love and care" she said with her head down in respect.

Even her father was taken a back from Atasi's newfound courage, he never thought she would act so mature in this conundrum situation.

Taking permission to leave from King, Queen with Shi Feng and Atasi left the private chamber.

𓆩*𓆪