19. Something Upon Death

Cale panicked, truly, what was he doing here?! All of a sudden he appears just as Cale was thinking he had disappeared for good!

"Is there something wrong, Cale-him?" Choi Han asked, noticing Cale's complexion.

Trailblazer looked the way where Cale was looking at and noticed another figure, "Argenti? What're you doing here?" They walked closer to him.

"Trailblazer? What a coincidence seeing you here!" Argenti turned over to them. "Is the others with you?" He looked around, searching for the others he mentioned. His eyes widened when he noticed Cale standing in the corner of the group, "I didn't expect us to meet so early, my beauty." Argenti flashed a smile at him.

"Just call me Cale."

Trailblazer smiled awkwardly at the dynamics of their relationship.

"You know him?" Acheron asked.

Trailblazer replied, "yeah, he appeared suddenly on the express and then again back in Cale, Choi Han, and Rosalyn's home planet." They explained. "But when did you get here? You were also invited?" They asked Argenti.

"Just like the Garden of Recollection and the Galaxy Rangers, other fractions like the Knights of Beauty were also invited. It seems Argenti was the one who came to Penacony out of his fraction." Black Swan answered for him.

"Did he get lost too? What's he doing here?" Trailblazer asked again.

"I was chasing after a beautiful creature but suddenly my vision turned black amidst it all. I was so shocked when I found myself in this unknown space." Argenti answered this time.

"We're all working together, after all, we're all on the same page." Acheron added.

"Then should we get going? It looks like you're looking for a certain someone." Black Swan chuckled a bit, seemingly already knowing what was going on.

They had almost forgotten about it from all the chatting.

"Alright, let's get moving."

They made their way out of the lobby. They entered a room similar to the first one.

"Seriously, why are the rooms like this?" Acheron groaned, "this one's upside down."

"The Memory Zone is constantly shifting and changing forms. Looks like we'll have to find a way up onto the ceiling." Black Swan said.

"Aren't we on the ceiling right now?" Acheron said.

"Good thing we already figured out how to do that." Trailblazer spoke.

"I hope it's not too complicated." Acheron whined.

Trailblazer chuckled, "don't worry, if you get lost again, we'll find you."

"That's not what I meant!"

"The Memory Zone?" Cale asked, confused.

"It seems you haven't realized the place you woke up in. This is the Memory Zone, it's a place where an enemy fraction resides... it is also where "dormancy" and "death" reside within the Dreamscape." Black Sean explained.

'Dormancy? Death?' Cale grew suspicious of the truth behind Penacony.

"Don't stray your mind, Cale. If this heinous thing called "dormancy" harms you in any way, this loyal knight here will surely save you no matter the cost." Argenti smiled, vowing a promise without knowing what's up ahead beforehand.

Cale sighed, "let's get going." He couldn't bear this new version of Clopeh.

They found their way to walk onto the ceiling and then exited through the only door which lead to another hallway.