17. Barking Dogs to a Firefly

"My name is Sampo Koski! Remember my name, friend!" The man who Cale talked to during the first match yelled at Cale who was walking further and further away from him.

'Why bother, we won't meet again anyways!' Cale thought as he walked faster out of the arena grounds with his two companions.

"Did you make a friend back there?" Rosalyn asked, noticing that guy was rather friendly with Cale.

"No, he's just a stranger that started a conversation out of boredom." Cale replied.

"Out of boredom? Was the matches not fun to watch? I found them quite entertaining, especially the stronger opponents like that guy named Boothill from the first match. Too bad you were too distracted that you missed it." Rosalyn said. "I bet Choi Han would agree as well, right?" She asked him.

"Yes, that guy, Boothill, was especially strong." His eyes sparkled with anticipation. "I wanna have a match with him!"

Rosalyn just smiled. "Maybe the next time he comes back here, you could sign up as a participant and ask to be placed against him."

"Good idea, Rosalyn!"

They resumed their tour around the place, arriving on a clean platform filled with lined up tower viewers, binoculars, along the railings. A magnificent view of the illuminated Grand Theater in the distance.

They all looked up at the floating structure in the far distance that was on full display.

A sweat appeared on her cheek, feeling a bit overwhelmed, "is that where the main event takes place?" Rosalyn asked. "It feels like an overdo."

"I agree." Cale said.

They had a moment of silent admiration until it was interrupted.

"Ugh-" Cale groaned. He had suddenly been pushed by someone. Cale looked back, trying to see who pushed him.

"Get back here!" Two guys zoomed past him. They seemed like security guards or something.

"Did something happen?" Rosalyn asked, witnessing the whole thing. "I didn't expect people to commit crimes even in a dream." She laughed it off.

"We should help them capture the criminal." Choi Han brought out his crazy ideas back into play.

'Fuck, what's wrong with him?!' Cale thought.

"You're right, it doesn't seem they'll be able to catch them anytime soon at this rate. We should help them." Rosalyn agreed. "Let's go, Cale!"

They dragged Cale along.

Cale was crying internally, ' aren't we supposed to be on vacation right now?!'

The two chased after them, catching up with the security guards, even surpassing them.

"Who're you?!" One of the two guards asked as they saw the people running with them.

"It looks like you need help. Allow us to do it!" Rosalyn replied.

They ran through many alleyways and streets. Despite Choi Han's great strength and Rosalyn's magic, the perpetrator was always ahead of them.. until they met at a dead end where Choi Han and Rosalyn stopped them from going anywhere else.

"You're cornered now! Stop resisting!" The guards caught up with everyone.

The criminal turned around, revealing themselves. A woman around the height of 5'9'', dirty silver hair, and innocent-looking eyes. "P-please! It wasn't me!" Her eyes teared up as she pleased.