15. Beyond the Eyes' Sight

❗️Some things like Dan Heng's absence, the registration for Trailblazer, Jing Yuan's declined invitation and others may not follow the actual storyline in HSR.

Days along with nights had passed by with ease. The Astral Express had landed smoothly onto their destination, Penacony.

When they got off the train, they were greeted by the towering walls of hotel rooms. The place was indeed larger than any of them had expected, they weren't exaggerating when they said "large, luxurious hotel," rather, they were downgrading it!

"I'll go check us in by the front desk." Himeko told them, leaving the group.

Rosalyn followed behind, since they were a separate group from the Astral Express family and had to do their own separate check-in.

"Man!" March squeezed her hands together, "I can't wait to experience the dreamscape! To do all the things I could imagine!" She started to daydream, "all the food I could be eating..." Her mouth watered.

"Don't excite yourself too much, March." Dan Heng told her. "Even if it feels real, everything's just an illusion made by The Family."

'Who is this "The Family" they keep talking about?' Cale wondered, hearing their conversation.

"Oh come on! We're here to have fun!" March complained.

Dan Heng stared at March, like he was signaling something to her.

"Alright! I get it! Just stop looking at me like that already!" March seemed to understand.

But their actions only grew more suspicion for Cale. The Family? Who exactly are they? The purpose of their invitation to a small planet's people? Why? And those two's exchanged looks? Was there a meaning behind it? Suspicious. Cale's head was filled with thoughts and questions that clouded his awareness of his surroundings. But soon after, his thoughts were interrupted by the uneven footsteps coming towards his way. Cale looked up, seeing a blonde-haired man wearing expensive, luxurious clothing, more so than the others around the lobby.

"Look who we have here! If it isn't the Cale Henituse!?" The man spoke loudly, making an entrance as if he wanted the passing neighbors to hear him as well.

'Who is he? How does he know my name?' Cale frowned upon these thoughts. He shouldn't be that known outside of his planet, no, he shouldn't be known at all!

"Let me introduce myself, I am Aventurine from the IPC Strategic Investment Department. Pleasure to meet you, friend." He shined a smile at them, much like Alberu's if he had been here to compare. "Oh! It seems the Astral Express family is here as well! What a pleasure to meet you all here together." Aventurine looked at Trailblazer, then to Cale, his stare lingered on him longer than the latter.

Cale discarded his thoughts and greeted him back, locking eyes with Aventurine, "nice to meet you too." Cale looked closer at him, noticing his eyes held no spark, he frowned once again. Was he hurt? Just what did he experience?

Himeko and Rosalyn regrouped with the two groups.

"Who's this?" Rosalyn asked, noticing the new person among them.

"Hello miss Rosalyn and miss Himeko. I'm Aventurine, from the IPC Strategic Investment Department." He reintroduced himself for the two.

Rosalyn slipped next to Cale, whispering into his ear, "I got a bad feeling about him." She warned Cale.

"Let's wait and see, don't judge too quickly." Cale responded to her warning.

"Alright.."

Even if magic was practically useless in this type of situation, that guy gave off a bad vibe to Rosalyn's sharp instincts, no, more peculiar, she had a feeling that his whole shiny display was nothing but a facade.. to hide a deeper.. past... whatever it may be...