11. The Last Act

❗️Not accurate to the stuff that happens in the novel, I did not read the novel anyways so I don't know what happens in the battle against White Radish, so... just how I thought it could've went with the involvement of HSR characters. :P

"Cale, as the Knight of Beauty, no, as your knight, I will do anything to keep you safe."

"I'll seal the stellaron before it causes more damage to you."

"As your ally, I will assist you in such desperate times. Isn't that just the correct thing to do?"

"This feeling... I won't let them harm you!... Cale!"

.

3 months had already flew by like birds in a flock. The war was starting to take shape, the end was coming closer.

"You're personally going onto the battlefield?!" March asked Cale.

"Yes."

"What? How can you go there..." March stopped before she offended anyone, 'you're so fragile and weak looking! You won't last a second there!' March didn't mean it in any mean way, she was just worried for him.

"How can the commander not show up to their own fight?" Cale scoffed, he wished he could have just not attended too.

Roan's soldiers were starting to march towards the enemies.

.

'White Star is there.." Cale got off his horse, surveying the situation. "I guess this really will determine the end of all this...'

"Cale, stay behind me."

Dan Heng glared at the others who "copied" him: Argenti, Blade, and Jing Yuan.

"Seems like we were just thinking about the same thing." Jing Yuan smirked, his eyes sly as a fox's. "But I think I'm enough to keep him safe, so focus on getting rid of the enemies."

"Ha! What can a mortal like you do?" Blade mocked him. He had gotten more chatty since coming here.

"Isn't that right?" Kafka chuckled, happy for her companion's progress.

Argenti walked up to Cale, kneeling on one knee again with his hand on his heart as he spoke, "Cale, would you bless us with you're choice on who you would like to guard?" He smiled brightly, waiting patiently.

'What the hell is wrong with everyone?!' Cale didn't like the new behaviors of everyone around him. "Stop wasting your time. I don't need someone to guard me."

Their faces saddened as they heard his answer, rejection.

Cale moved forward. "Get in formation." He commanded the soldiers.

They moved at Cale's direct command.

"Are you ready, Cale-nim?" Choi Han asked him.

Cale gulped, "there's no way out of this, we'll have to see this through til the end." He looked towards Choi Han, "are you nervous?"

"N-no!.. Cale-nim..." He wasn't afraid or anything.. he was strong...

Cale looked up, "keep your head up." He walked forward.

"Hahaha! If it isn't the infamous commander?!" The bastard wearing a white mask that covered half his face laughed maniacally. "You've got some guts trying to ruin my plan.. but now, that comes to a stop!" He raised his hand, "charge!" He commanded his soldiers as they advanced forward, raising their weapons.

Cale gritted his teeth, "charge!"

"Today will bring the end!!"

.
.
.