Chapter Fifteen: Birds of a Feather

Mount Justice.

Katie smiled as she and Nick landed on the vacant shore near their hometown's most iconic landmark and changed into their civilian wear.

Nick Holmes: I still don't understand why I have to run off to change into my casual wear as well.

Katie Lennox: Well, unlike you, I prefer to maintain my secret identity.

Nick Holmes: Fair point.

The two ring wielders chuckled as they walked along the shoreline to their respective homes. After a few minutes of silence, Nick cleared his throat, hoping to make the trip less awkward.

Nick Holmes: So, how does it feel?

Katie sighed as she looked at her power ring, sitting proudly on her hand.

Katie Lennox: Honestly... a part of me is wondering whether or not I'm actually dreaming.

Nick Holmes: I can relate to that. With all the stuff I've experienced so far, it can get pretty hard to tell whether I'm living in the real world or not.

Familiar Voice: Understatement of the year, much?

The two blue ring slingers quickly turned their heads toward the direction of the voice and smiled at the sight of a familiar woman making her way toward them with her totem hanging around her neck.

Nick Holmes: Vixen! It's good to see you! How've you been?

The heroine smiled as she pulled both Blue Lanterns in for a friendly hug.

Mari Jiwe: Pretty good, pretty good. It's good to see you two again. Oh, and one more thing, whenever I'm off duty, you can just call me Mari.

The two heroes looked at each other and sheepishly shrugged their shoulders at their mistake.

Katie Lennox: Whoops...

Mari Jiwe: Don't worry. You're both still learning.

Nick Holmes: So, Mari, what brings you to Happy Harbor?

Mari Jiwe: Actually, me and a few gal pals of mine have been talking about expanding the roster on our little group.

Nick snapped his fingers as he recalled how Green Arrow told him that Black Canary and Vixen are part of a women-only superhero team.

Nick Holmes: Oh, yeah. Green Arrow told me about you girls. You call yourselves the Birds of Prey, right?

Mari Jiwe: That's right. Dinah and I have been talking about adding in some new blood to the mix.

The supermodel looked at the young blonde, whose eyes instantly widened in revelation.

Katie Lennox: Y-y-you want me... to join your team?

Mari Jiwe: How about it, kid?

The young heroine stared at the veteran crimefighter in awe before an unsure expression slowly formed on her face.

Katie Lennox: I don't know. I mean, I've just got the hang of this whole "superhero" life. What do you think, Nick?

Nick Holmes: I don't know, Katie. It's not really my decision to make.

Mari sighed before an idea formed in her head.

Mari Jiwe: How about we take you on one of our routine missions and see how it goes? You can give me your answer, then.

The young woman pondered on the veteran superheroine's offer. The idea of being part of a team full of badass women does sound like a lot of fun.

Katie Lennox: Alright, but on one condition.

For Hope Burns Bright: A Blue Lantern Storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें