Chapter Three: Outsiders Unleashed

The Following Night, Outside of Metropolis Harbor.

As Nick and Guy waited outside of the entrance to the harbor in their civilian wear, the former sighed as he pulled out his phone and proceeded to notify his parents about the plan to intercept the weapons deal. Needless to say, his parents were initially worried, but as soon as he told them that he wasn't going to be working alone, they eventually relented and allowed him to help as long as he didn't get hurt. As the blond hung up his phone, he noticed that the redhead lantern was giving him a concerned look.

Guy Gardner: Folks worried about you?

Nick Holmes: Yeah. I guess they're still getting used to the idea of having a superhero in the family.

Guy Gardner: Nick, I know that you definitely don't want to have to hear this from me, but your parents are always going to be worried about you when you do this stuff. It's just a sign that they care about you.

Nick Holmes: I know, I just wish that they stop looking me like I'm a little kid and start looking at me like a hero.

Guy Gardner: Kid, that's just how parents are. I mean, look at the Flash! He and his wife are expecting a kid soon and he's worried sick. And while I may not have had the closest thing to a loving relationship with my folks when I was a kid, I know yours are always going to be there for you when you need it.

Nick sighed as he stared at his Blue Lantern ring and grinned.

Nick Holmes: Thanks, Guy.

Guy Gardner: Don't mention it, kid. But between you and me, I think if Hal was here, he'd probably say something cornier.

As the two heroes proceeded to share a laugh, Guy's eyes proceeded to furrow in confidence as he saw a familiar green light descending from the sky.

Guy Gardner: Speak of the devil...

As Nick turned his head to follow the redhead's gaze, he grinned as Hal eventually landed with a large green sphere construct behind him.

Guy Gardner: Took you long enough! Where the hell were you?

Green Lantern (Hal Jordan): Sorry, a couple of Jefferson's teammates were busy, so I ended up taking a lot longer than I thought.

Nick Holmes: Well, it's better than showing up empty-handed. Who'd you bring?

The pilot smiled as he proceeded to call back his construct, revealing eight heroes that caused Nick's mouth to fall to the ground.

Green Lantern (Hal Jordan): Allow me to introduce you to...

Green Lantern (Hal Jordan): Black Lightning...

Black Lightning (Jefferson Pierce): Wassup, Gardner?

Guy Gardner smiled as he proceeded to give the electricity-based hero a two-finger salute.