Chapter Five: The Battle For Odym

Odym.

As Nick landed on the Blue Lanterns home world, he looked around for any sign of his fellow corpsmen.

Blue Lantern (Nick Holmes): HELLO?! IS ANYONE HERE?! I GOT YOUR DISTRESS CALL!!!

The young blond waited for anything close to a response. Then, after a minute of waiting, the sound of a rustling bush caused the earthling to turn around and stick out his arm, his ring at the ready.

Blue Lantern (Nick Holmes): Who's there? Are you friend or foe?

Familiar Voice: Easy, brother...

Nick's eyes widened as he watched three familiar figures emerge from the shrubbery. Standing before him were Blue Lanterns Saint Walker, Brother Warth, and Razer, all of them covered in bruises and wounds. Without warning, the three lanterns collapsed on the ground at the blond's feet.

Blue Lantern (Nick Holmes): Razer! Saint Walker! Warth! Are you alright?! What happened to you guys?!

Razer: Sinestro... Corps...

Saint Walker: They caught us completely off guard...

Blue Lantern (Nick Holmes): Take it easy. I'm going to heal you three, and then I'm going to call for help.

The Blue Lantern Central Power Battery.

As Ganthet and Sayd groaned in pain, the two guardians stared at the sight of their allies bound to the ground by yellow chains in dismay.

Ganthet: Your plan will fail, Lyssa Drak.

Lyssa Drak: I doubt it.

As the chronicler of the Sinestro Corps stared at the sight of the blue lanterns bound to the ground, she proceeded to pull out a necklace ornamented with their blue power rings and grinned.

Lyssa Drak: You know, Ganthet. I never understood why you and Sayd chose to start this pathetic Blue Lantern Corps, constantly going on and on about how "all will be well" when it's obvious that the only way to preserve order is to remind people who they should fear.

Sayd: The hubris of your master's corps will be its undoing.

Lyssa Drak: Tough talk coming from a couple of lowly guardians who aren't even able to save your underlings.

Before the chronicler could continue taunting her prisoners, a human female in the Sinestro Corps' colors quickly made her way forward and proceeded to take a knee.