~Klaus~

In the past few days Lenerd had been preparing me with the essential knowledge on where the weak spots are for stabbing a powerful human like the Redburgh assassins. He told me that the heart wouldn't be affective as most of the members in Redburgh have specific armour that defends them from any fatal wound.  However, the neck was the way to go, for any type of human. One slice with a dagger or a blow with an arrow would almost instantly kill a human—we are weak. He trained me into slicing thick branches off trees as we hiked further toward their base. I was heading to where I had first begun this trip: Lindon. If Lenerd had told me earlier that we had to go all the way back to where we had started, I would have suggested to go to Eternity's gate first, but he appeared determined to take me to Lindon.

He stated to me that the base was the obvious large, abandoned church in the centre but they kept the fact that they built a group there somewhat hidden just in case witches started to put together their own team. But the people who knew about it, which was multiple, made sure keep away because no one knew how many were really stationed there other than the leader, who commenced it. "How do you know about where the Redburgh is stationed?" I wrenched out my dagger from a branch it was stuck inside and fell back slightly, I abruptly straightened myself to pretend it never happened. Nonetheless, Lenerd chuckled at me. "I mean I think the giant towering church that no one is allowed to be inside of was a big hint." My cheeks reddened from embarrassment from my question and the incident of me nearly falling over. I murmured "True."  We were hiking in an open path in contrast to normal, it was the middle of the day and we occasionally saw some civilians who strolled past us as they minded their own business. The one detail that was confirmed completely during my time with Lenerd was how he didn't burn in the sunlight so he could blend in quite well as a human; other than his pale skin and eyes of course. no one seemed to stare as if he glamoured the civilians into thinking it was normal: which he most likely did. There was never a day where he didn't give up with dressing fancy and charming. We wore the same clothes as we did when I pronounced this trip, but Lenerd insisted that we always gave them a thorough wash as well as ourselves.

As we were continuing our journey in silence once again, a young woman unexpectedly surged at Lenerd with a stake in her calloused grip. She was extremely thin to the point you could almost see her ribs. She wore a ragged blue dress with tears along the ends. It was dirty, as if it hadn't been washed in weeks or at all. She had light blonde hair tied up into a messy bun and freckles across her face. Her eyes were hazel, with obvious green and brown hints. If it wasn't for her malnourishment, she would have been very beautiful. She was trembling as she restrained him to the ground. Her hands directed the stake to attempt to find his heart. Tears submerged her eyes when she shrieked at him. Lenerd didn't seem attentive at all. In fact, I could have sworn I saw him yawn. He shoved the woman off his body then seized both of her arms so she couldn't retaliate all in less then one second. I wasn't sure how to react, so I positioned there and observed. I didn't recognise why the woman had suddenly attacked him when no one else bothered too or even noticed him. Lenerd must have done something terrible to her in the past to make her want him dead. She was terrified. As lenerds hold tightened, she thrashed her arms frantically to break free. Her breaths were heavy, she was exhausting herself. It took a long while until she collapsed and eventually noticed me. "Please." She breathed weakly; her head hung down, but her eyes stared at mine. "Please, if you have a heart let me free. I don't want to die. My children are waiting for me!" I bit my lip as it trembled and fixed myself too her. I clenched my hands into fists— my fingernails dug into my skin. "Lenerd, let her go." My tone was uneasy, and I felt dizzy. I kept my gaze to the lady who let out a breath in relief, whispering thank you over and over again. Lenerd clicked his tongue which was when I knew he shook his head at me. "My my, you are so very gullible little butterfly."