Not You

Requested by and dedicated by @harry_hotness12
"Justin you know she doesn't like me" you said walking behind him down the hallway.
"You don't know that" he replied.
"Oh really? Every time I'm around you with her all she does is talk about all the other girls you've ever talked too" you stated making him sigh.
"She just has to get used to you" he sighed.
You walked away and into your bedroom. Today, Pattie called and asked to come over. She doesn't like you, and you're not kissing her butt either.
You got dressed in some in your usual casual outfit ready to go out.
"Babe, where are you going?" Justin asked as he walked into your bedroom.
"Out to run errands" you replied.
"Y/n, you don't have to leave" he sighed.
"It's either she's not coming here or I'm leaving" you stated.
"Come on, it could be way better this time" he offered.
"Not when she's coming here to 'inspect' the house and make sure that I haven't corrupted you" you scoffed making Justin let out a frustrated groan.
If she was going to be here, you weren't. You were not okay with getting disrespected in your own house. Not happening.
"Bye Justin! I'm on my way out" you called out.
You heard his feet against the hardwood floor before he appeared in your site.
Taking your face into his hands, he pulled you in for a short passionate kiss.
"I love you" he spoke, rubbing his thumb over your cheek.
"I love you" you replied placing a sweet kiss on his nose.
You walked out the door and into your car, getting in. As you pulled out the driveway, you offered Justin a little wave who was still standing in the door way.
"I'm ready for a little me time" you mumbled to yourself.
Justin's POV
The ring of the doorbell sounded throughout the house and I opened it to reveal my Mom. She quickly pulled me into her arms and wrapped them tightly around me.
When I pulled away, she walked right pass me and into the kitchen. I say in the living room waiting for her to return. When she did, she had a can of soda in her hand.
"Where's Y/N?" she questioned looking around.
"She's out running errands" I answered.
"She couldn't even stay to greet me before leaving? Absolutely rude! She should be cooking us dinner or making some snacks for us" she ranted on.
"Mom, she knows that you don't like her so she didn't stay. She doesn't have to stay here to kiss up to somebody and she doesn't need to tend to my every want and need. That's not why I date her. She knows how to stand up for herself and not put herself in uncomfortable situations" I told her as she rolled her eyes.
"She treats me with the upmost respect and never asks me for a thing. She wants to earn everything that she gets, or buy it with her OWN money. She's not out seeking for fame or my money. She's here for me. The Justin that only my closest friends and family get to see. What makes you dislike her so much?" I said.
My mom sighed and leaned forward resting her elbows of her thighs covering her eyes with her hands. I watched quietly as she gathered her thoughts before she started speaking.
"You don't need me" she voiced.
"What do you mean I don't need you?" I replied.
Your POV
"You don't need me to remind you of important dates or events. You don't ask me for advice on choices anymore. I used to come to your house and have to clean up the tiniest of messes but they're never there anymore. You have Y/N doing all that for you. I'm lucky if I get a call from you twice a week. With the other girls you've been with, they only wanted the light from you. They didn't want to help you at all. I'm not used to this. It feels as if I've been replaced in your life" Pattie spoke with small sobs.
You rounded the corner, "Is that why? Pattie, I'm not trying to replace you in Justin's life. I was just trying to keep on reminding Justin with what you did the first eighteen years of his life. I didn't want him to be depending on you for the rest of his life because you've already broken your back for him. You could travel and not worry so much about him. Plus, I will make sure he doesn't forget who pushed his big head out."
She wrapped her arms around you pulling you towards her small frame.
"I'm so sorry for treating you terribly. I should've known it wasn't anything against me. I hope we can start fresh and gain a better relationship" she said.
"Of course" you replied.
It's always hard for Mom's when their baby boy leaves the nest.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What's up guys? I just got back from my family reunion yesterday and finally got the chance to upload!
Question of the Day: Ketchup, Mustard, or Neither?
AOTD: Ketchup, I hate Mustard with a passion.
More request coming soon so keep requesting! Also, please go read my new book I started writing, the first three chapters are up! Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed!
-Mikayla<3