~ Chapter 1: Enter the Palace while Embracing Poison ~

CHAPTER 1
EPISODE 1 - Trap Of The Royal Palace

💬~ Royal Chamber ~
╰┈➤ "His Majesty, The Emperor. I present Prince who has completed the confirmation process to you."

Freder lll says, in a serious manner.

"You've always worked hard. My son, how have you grown?"

His Majesty,, the emperor says, smiling at me. He has the same hair as mine.. Despite a slightly pallid face, his eyes eminate dignity and strength.

"Your Highness Prince, you may greet His Majesty The Emperor."

Freder lll said as he was eyeing me. I quickly snapped to attention at the whispered voice.

"...It's an honor to meet you, your majesty."

As someone who had lived as a commoner my whole life. I know nothing about noble etiquette.

I greet the king as polite as I can be.

"Hahaha! You're so formal. Just like your mother. From now on you shall address me as 'Father'."

The King, I meant- My father said to me with a smile on his face.

"Yes, Father..."

I say, I was still quite nervous and alert since I don't really know anyone in the castle and it's hard for me to trust people that easily..

"Matias, you are sole bloodline of mine, from this moment forth, you are the Prince of Vermillion Empire. No one will dare to take you lightly, and you too must have the quality of being a prince."

I was flabbergasted when the king- I meant my Father, said that.. There was guards watching us and it was making me uneasy..

"Blood is bound by blood. It was quite lonely for me since the Crown Prince and Princess were the late emperor's children...."

I kind of felt bad for the Crown Prince and Princess..

"But now I don't feel lonely anymore!"

The king (father) said happily.

Everyone in the empire knows that the Crown Prince and Princess are the children of the late emperor Claudius Vermillion.

Emperor Haderus Vermillion is the younger brother of the late emperor ascending the throne in place of the Crown Prince, who was too young at the time.

"From now on, you will be the only person in this Palace that I adore..." Cough... cough..!

It seems like Father is sick.

"Your Majesty..-! Are you alright?"

Freder lll said, concerned about the king. I was just standing there.. Silent.. Processing the information I just got..

"I'm fine-!" Cough cough..!

I was concerned about the king, I really was but. I was just so confused!

"Let me take you to the infirmary."

Freder lll told the king.

"Please.. (Cough cough-!) . . . . Do. courtier, guide the Prince to the drawing room."

The king ordered.

As I followed the courtier to the drawing room, disapproving glances were cast in various directions.

"Well it's understandable that they might be unhappy since a commoner suddenly became their prince."

I thought to myself, tho their looks made me feel nervous and.. Uneasy..