Sick Day - YUMI

TW: Vomiting

"Ughhhhhhh." I groan and roll over in my bed, holding my head in my hands and immediately feeling like I'm gonna throw up.

I jump out of my bed and race over to my bathroom, hurling my head over the toilet and emptying my stomach into the bowl.

When I feel that I've gotten everything out of me, I sit back against the wall and flush the toilet.

"Hey, what's going on?" Yumi knocks on the door and I wipe my forehead.

"It's unlocked." I yell back at him. I watch as the door is hesitantly opened to reveal a confused Yumi. He looks over at me and realizes what's happening.

"Are you sick?" He comes over to me and feels my forehead. "Jesus, you're burning up."

"You don't say." I take his hand off of my head and hold it myself, now feeling lightheaded and a slight headache.

"Come on, let's get you back to bed." Yumi comes over to me and tries to touch my arm.

"No, I don't want you getting sick too." I say, pushing him away and getting up myself, swaying a little bit. Yumi just shakes his head and holds onto me, despite my earlier statement.

"Stop being a big baby and let me take care of you." I just give in because I'm too tired to fight back and I let him drag me back to my bed. He lays me down and pulls the covers back over my body. "I'll go get you some Tylenol and some soup. I'll be right back."

"You're gonna get me Dallas Soup!?" I say sarcastically and laugh. Yumi just rolls his eyes but smiles before leaving my room.

I reach for my remote and turn on a show I've been watching and turn it down so it's not too loud since I was now starting to develop a bigger headache. I put the TV remote back on my nightstand and go back to lying down, now with my eyes glued to the screen in front of me.

I hear a knock at my door but before I can respond to it, Yumi just walks into my room holding a tray that holds a bowl of soup, a glass of water, and a bottle of pills.

I smile at him and sit up so I can eat and everything. He comes over and sits down at the edge of my bed and places the tray down in front of me. I start coughing and immediately Yumi starts opening up the pill bottle and pouring a couple out into his hand.

"Who the hell was sick that I was around that got me sick? This doesn't make any sense." I take the pills out of Yumi's hand and toss them into my mouth, using the water to help them go down.

"I think Tanner was for a little bit but it wasn't as bad as this." Yumi picks the cup of water out of my hand and sets it back down.

I lean my head back on the wall and wish that I would feel better right after taking that medicine, but I curse the universe for not making it work that way. "Fucking Tanner..." I rub my eyes.

"Here. Eat." Yumi picks up the spoon in the bowl of soup and tries to get me to eat it.

"No, I'm not hungry." I push his hand away.

"Eat it."

"No. I'll just throw it up later."

"Stop being a pussy, eat the fucking soup." I look at him, annoyed, but I open my mouth and let him feed me.

"I hate you. You shouldn't even be here, I'm gonna get you sick, idiot." I cross my arms angerly.

"Oh my god, you are so stubborn." I shrug my shoulders and eat some more of the soup before deciding I didn't want anymore. Yumi moves the tray off of the bed and onto my side table before getting under the covers with me.

"Let's watch a movie." He suggests.

"I'm literally watching my show."

"Yeah but I wanna watch a movie." I look at him, annoyed, but hand him the remote for him to put something on since I felt I would fall asleep soon anyway. He puts on a movie we both have seen before and I get comfier under the covers.

About 20 minutes into the movie, I feel like I'm going to throw up again so I jump out of bed, flinging back my covers, and run to the bathroom where Yumi follows me. He kneels next to me as I empty my stomach into the toilet, rubbing my back and handing me some toilet paper to wipe my mouth off.

"God, I'm so gross." I lean back away from the toilet and refuse to look at the man in front of me.

"That you are." Yumi agrees and I finally look at him to see him smiling. I lightly slap him in the chest and he helps me back up, laughing a bit.

I grab my toothbrush and wash my mouth out before Yumi helps me back into bed. "Feeling better now?" He asks me.

"I guess so." I reply and look up at him. He was looking at me differently and my face grows confused. "What?"

"You look really cute right now. I wanna kiss you." He says and puts his hand on my cheek.

"Ew, no. I'm all sick and I just threw up. Plus you'll get sick." He doesn't respond, only putting his face closer to mine and kissing me quickly. When he pulls back, he's smiling softly and I smile back before putting my head on his chest. I close my eyes and end up falling asleep. I feel his arms wrap around me and I finally feel the medicine working a bit.

2 Days Later

"Hey, where's Yumi?" I ask Tanner who is sitting down in the living room.

"I don't know. Shouldn't you know? You're his partner?" Tanner looks at me.

"I- You should know too! We all live together!" He just shrugs and looks down at his phone. "Also, screw you for getting me sick!"

"I got sick because of Larry! Don't blame me!" I just shake my head and then decide to just go up to Yumi's room.

"Yumi?" I knock on his door and I hear his voice, though I couldn't make out what he said but I was sure it was along the lines of 'come in'.

I open his door to see him in bed and not looking well. "Oh my god, I told you you shouldn't have kissed me."

He's smiling despite his new sickness and I can finally hear him talk now with his congested voice.

"Totally worth it."