Monster run - ISAACWHY

TW: None

I groan and sit up in my chair. I am currently editing a video for my channel and it is nowhere near finished. I look over at the clock at the bottom right of my PC and see it's 3:45 am. I know I'm not going to sleep tonight, but I did need some reinforcements to get this done.

I fumble for a monster in my mini fridge but I'm met with absolutely nothing. Did I really drink them all already?

Seeing as though my hands were empty, I ultimately decide to go on a monster run. There is a convenience store about a 5-minute walk from our house, so I grab my coat and phone and then slip on some shoes.

As I exit my room, I see another light on. I didn't think anyone would be up at this time with me. I walk up to Isaac's door and knock quietly.

"Isaac?" I whisper.

I hear rustling on the other side of the door and a couple of seconds later, I'm met with his tall figure.

It takes him a couple of seconds to realize it's me there. "What are you doing up?" He asks me, leaning against his doorframe.

"I was editing. What are you doing up?" I cross my arms.

"Same." I stare at him for a second. He looks tired.

"Do you wanna come and get monster with me?" I ask him, seeing as though he may want some too.

"Sure, just let me grab my stuff." He says and grabs a coat and his phone. He slips on his slides and we were off.

"You editing the LTLVC 3 video?" I ask him. He most likely was, seeing as though we had just recorded it a couple of days ago.

"Of course, what else could I be doing at 4 in the morning?" He rhetorically asks and laughs.

I smile at him and we walk the rest of the way to the store in comfortable silence.

When we get there, I immediately grab a basket and then grab a bunch of random flavours I love, and Isaac does the same. By the time we're done, our baskets were full so we then went to go check out.

Isaac and I were now walking back home, our bags of caffeine in hand. I look up at the stars and just "daydream" as we walk. Unbeknownst to me, Isaac is watching me, though I didn't notice until he stopped walking and grabbed my hand, stopping me as well.

"What? What's going on?" I look at him, confused as to why we were now stopped in the middle of the road.

"I have to tell you something." He says and looks me in the eyes, putting his serious face on.

Now, if I was worried before, I definitely was now.

"Oh my god, what happened." My eyes widen because I'm now running through every bad scenario in my head. "You're stressing me out, man."

He looks down and I wait for him to say something. Instead, he pulls me to him and kisses me.

Surprised by this abrupt action, I drop my bag to the ground, but before I can do anything, he pulls away.

He looks at me like he was waiting for me now to say something, but I'm still processing that this man who I've liked for so long kissed me, that I'm at a loss for words.

"Oh god, I shouldn't have done that, oh my god," he says and runs a hand through his hair. "I'm sorry I thought-"

I cut him off by now pulling his face to mine and kissing him. His tense body immediately softens and he drops his bag this time, putting his hands on my hips and pulling me in more.

My hands are around his neck, deepening the kiss.

After a while, we both pull away to breathe.

We look into each other's eyes and smile.

"I really like you." He says to me.

"I really like you too," I respond, my smile now becoming wider.

We finally pull away from each other, pick up our bags from the ground and walk home hand in hand.

When we get home, I walk over to my room. I imagine Isaac going back to his room but just as I'm about to reach my door, Isaac spins me around and kisses me again. I smile into it and he pulls away.

"Goodnight, kinda." He says, knowing we were both going to stay up editing well into the morning, getting no sleep in the process.

"Goodnight, kinda," I say and open my bedroom door.

I flop down onto my chair and put away my monster, smiling the entire time.