Chapter Seventy-Four Steve

Steve

     Steve Dixon watched Robert walk away and thought to himself, "Robert, do you really hate me?"
     Evelin Dixon, who had been standing a few steps away from Steve until then, came up to him and said, "I'm sorry to say this, but Robert really hates you. You have to be very careful."
   "But why?"
   Evelin shrugged and said, "Maybe it's because of our fights in France. You kept asking me to come back, but I refused."
   Steve didn't accept this argument. He changed the subject and said, "Evelin, do you really want to stay here?"
   The rain got heavier and Evelin opened an umbrella and said, "I want to finish everything. Something I should have done a long time ago, but I was afraid for nothing." Then he sighed and said, "Steve, why didn't you tell Martin the story in all these years?"
   "I didn't know where he was. Don't you believe me?"
   Evelin bent down in front of Steve and said, "You came here for me, so I wouldn't be afraid. Anyway, I called Martin and provoked him. Maybe I'll want to see him in the future. So tell me where he is, Steve."
   Steve said, "He's in London. It took me a year to find his address. I'll give it to you, just be careful." Then he sighed and said, "The reason I haven't gone there yet is that no one knows I married you. Maybe this way I can protect you."
   "But everyone will find out and be shocked."
   "Where have you been in this time?"
   "In the hotel. I bought a lot of snow globes and sketchbooks. I drew and sent them to them to provoke them."
   "Is that all? That's Beatrice's trait."
   Evelin knelt in front of Steve and said, "What do you mean by 'is that all'? I thought this was what you wanted from me all this time. This was our plan to bring Beatrice back to life!"
   Steve said, "They are afraid of the idea of Beatrice being alive, but this might hurt us." The conversation continued.