❨ 🌙 ❩ ⵌ ❝ INTERIM 1.2 ! ❞ ⟡

˚ ⟢ .˚ 🌙 ˚. ⟢ ˚

Ginnungagap the Yawning Void
1st of February 2018
22:00 PM

Galateya's heart pounded fiercely against the confines of her chest, each beat echoing like the frantic fluttering of a bird trapped in a cage

Galateya's heart pounded fiercely against the confines of her chest, each beat echoing like the frantic fluttering of a bird trapped in a cage. The rhythmic thudding seemed to fill the dimly illuminated train carriage, its cadence a haunting symphony of disbelief and trepidation. She found herself in the most improbable of scenarios, seated beside none other than the legendary Wendigo, a mythical creature from the depths of ancient folklore.

The air crackled with an otherworldly energy, suffusing the cabin with an eerie ambiance that set her nerves on edge. Shadows danced across the walls, casting strange shapes that seemed to flicker and sway with a life of their own. It was a scene straight from the pages of myth and legend, a reality so fantastical that Galateya could scarcely believe it to be true.

Yet, there he sat beside her, the Wendigo, his presence a tangible reminder of the surreal nature of their circumstances. His antlered head rested upon her shoulder, its weight pressing against her like a heavy cloak of inevitability. With each breath, Galateya could feel the chill of his presence seeping into her bones, anchoring her in the chilling realization of her newfound existence amidst the supernatural.

"In the realm of tastes, human flesh lacks a certain zest," the cloaked figure mused, his voice a haunting melody that lingered in the dimly lit carriage, weaving through the air like a spectral apparition. Galateya felt a chill run down her spine at his words, the implications sinking in with each syllable uttered. "I much prefer the savory flavor of my own kind, or the succulent essence of the choicest beasts that roam this realm," he continued, his tone laced with a sinister edge that sent shivers coursing through her veins. "That is why I boarded this train---to seek out my quarry. Your presence here, however, was an unexpected twist of fate."

As he spoke, the weight of his words settled heavily upon Galateya, like a cloak of dread draped over her shoulders. The realization that she was merely a pawn in this creature's twisted game sent a surge of fear coursing through her veins. "It has been thousands of years since a mere human such as yourself crossed into this realm," he added, his voice dripping with amusement. "A man from the ancient world, condemned to eternal punishment by a god named El for his sins." The revelation hung in the air, casting a sinister pall over the carriage as the truth of her predicament unfolded before her.

Galateya's mind whirled like a vortex, a tempest of emotions raging within her like a storm at sea. The creature's words sliced through her consciousness, stirring a tumult of fear and confusion. The realization that she was trapped within a liminal void, a space existing on the precipice between worlds, sent icy tendrils of dread snaking down her spine. Here, reality bent and contorted, its edges blurred and indistinct, leaving her adrift in a maelstrom of uncertainty. Surrounded by beings that defied logic and reason, she felt small and insignificant---a mere mortal adrift in a sea of incomprehensible forces. The weight of her predicament pressed down upon her like a leaden cloak, suffocating her with a sense of foreboding darkness.