Chapter 26: Sleepover

"Can I get you girls some popcorn?" Dakota asks as we watch our movie. "Yes, please," I respond to her. "Apple, sweetie, would you like an extra blanket?" "No, I'm okay but thank you." "Just let me know if you need anything. I want you to feel right at home," Dakota says. "I appreciate it!" Apple tells her.

"Your mom is so sweet!" Apple exclaims. "She really is caring. She also can be overprotective at times especially when I'm home alone she'll call me every hour or will expect a text." "My mom is the same way. She's also worried my friends are a bad influence on me or when I go to a party she wants to make sure there's supervision." "Ugh that sounds so annoying," I reply. "Tell me about it! I guess we have one thing in common: famous parents."

"You seem to be more in the spotlight than I am," Apple looks at me. "Yeah I started acting class and recently modeling. Dakota says she wants me to enjoy my childhood and be a normal kid too. Whatever that means." "That's awesome! I'm more of a private person. I guess I'm just too sensitive to criticism. I only follow and accept follows from people I know. Stalkers also terrify me. One hate comment and I would spend the rest of my day thinking about it," Apple confesses.

"My mom still gets judged to this day for naming me after a fruit." "That's funny," I laugh. "It is." "Do you think you'll ever act like your mom does?" I ask. "Probably not. I'm more into fashion. I've always wanted to become a fashion designer or a model. I want to do that after high school. Right now my mom wants me to focus on her studies." "That's what I'm afraid Dakota wants to. I really enjoy being out there," I sigh.

"You know you just have to find some balance. Have a social life and do acting and modeling on the side. I'm sure once you make time for everything and prove to Dakota you can get good grades she'll approve." "You're right! I'm keeping up with my a's and b's right now. Dakota is happy about that."

Zeppelin jumps up and licks my face. "Your dog is so cute!" "I know, right! I love him so much. Dakota knows how to pick the best pets." Apple and I finish How to Be Single. It's my favorite comedy with Dakota. It's also one of the few films that Dakota approves I can watch although I've already seen all the Fifty Shades films. We had a talk earlier about how if I watch any of those movies with Apple I'll be grounded. I didn't dare question her. I enjoyed Apple's company and I hope she will visit again soon.

"Girls, it's getting late. I think you two should go to bed," Dakota tells us. I look at the clock. It's past 12:00 am. She's right. It is getting late and I'm tried myself. "Are you ready to go to bed, Apple?" "Sure. Just let me get some water and I'll be right there. You can start brushing your teeth."

After Apple and I finish getting ready for bed she asks if I want to film a TikTok with her since I just downloaded the app. We did a few lip syncing videos and transitions. Apple taught me what hand motions to do which go along with the audio. She wasn't kidding. It is an addicting app not just for scrolling but also making videos.

We end up going to bed at almost 1:00 am. I just know tomorrow morning Dakota will probably surprise us with some chocolate chip pancakes. Well that's if we even wake up on time.